Itinerary change on freedom.

newlights

The freedom has changed the itinerary for our oct 26th cruise. We we stopping in key west but it has been changed to Falmouth Jamaica. I don't know what to do as key west is a favorite port for us and my wife is upset about it. I have heard Falmouth doesn't have much to do is that true?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The freedom has changed the itinerary for our oct 26th cruise. We we stopping in key west but it has been changed to Falmouth Jamaica. I don't know what to do as key west is a favorite port for us and my wife is upset about it. I have heard Falmouth doesn't have much to do is that true?

This is Carnival's policy on changed itineraries

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms.

So I basically have tonight to make a decision... What would you all do? Anyone been to Falmouth? We just went to ocho rios in oct.

I heard Falmouth is still under construction so there is not much to do there. I would rather Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. If you want Key West you can still change.

What would I do? Though I'd be disappointed about changing KW for anything involving Jamaica, I'd be happy about being on a cruise. We really despise that island, so we'd stay on board and enjoy the heck out of the ship with the fraction of other passengers on board.

Edited by nchikk

I don't blame your wife. I'd be PI**ED if they changed from Key West to Falmouth. BLECH!!!!!

Key West is beautiful, and Falmouth, is well..........Falmouth.

Stay on the ship and enjoy it all to yourself.

I will not cruise on an itinerary that goes to Jamaica.

We've been there 7 times between land and cruise vacations, and I am just done with it.

Either way, enjoy your vacation.:D:D:D

We went to Falmouth last year. The port itself it alot of vendors selling the same stuff. And they recommend using a excursion from the ship instead of venturing out ourselves. Wasn't pleased with it and avoided it on our next cruise. But everyone has a different opinion. Good luck. I love key west and I would probably change our cruise. We are going out of Miami on Oct. 18th on Glory. You can join us. Its going to be wonderful. It a eastern Caribbean itinerary. Check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

So I basically have tonight to make a decision... What would you all do? Anyone been to Falmouth? We just went to ocho rios in oct.

Jamaica is a beautiful island--all mountains and beaches. I would look at the Carnival excursions available for Falmouth and see if there is an excursion that interests me. And if there is, then I would accept the change and book the excursion to get the most out of the port. If there isn't, then I would find an alternative cruise that includes Key West or another port that interests me and call and rebook.

Jamaica is a great place to spend the day on an excursion to enjoy the local culture, and especially the reggae music and jerk chicken or pork.

Hope you have a great cruise. If it were me, I wouldn't be disappointed to be visiting Jamaica.

We <3 KW as well. We stayed on the Freedom while we stopped at Ocho Rios and had a great time. Just remember: any time you're on a cruise is better than being at home/work/etc, regardless of the ports!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I think we are going to stay booked our cruise is not about the ports as much but we were really looking forward to key west as we love it so much. We were in ocho rios in oct and loved it as well. The big concern was that I have heard Falmouth is not a good port as far as things to do. I guess it will be either a beach excursion or day on the ship.