Booking separate rooms question

brwnIgir1

Has anyone booked a separate room from partner when there wasn't a single supplement just so one doesn't have to buy the drink package? Also, right now, I could book one in a balcony and one in an inside and save money. Seems like a waste of room because we would probably stay in only one of the rooms. It also seems dishonest and cheating the company. It just seems wrong, but it would save money. The hassle of only having one room key for the balcony seems to be a big hassle and I doubt they would give us a second key. I hope I'm not starting a big nasty thread but what do you think?:o:o

Has anyone booked a separate room from partner when there wasn't a single supplement just so one doesn't have to buy the drink package? Also, right now, I could book one in a balcony and one in an inside and save money. Seems like a waste of room because we would probably stay in only one of the rooms. It also seems dishonest and cheating the company. It just seems wrong, but it would save money. The hassle of only having one room key for the balcony seems to be a big hassle and I doubt they would give us a second key. I hope I'm not starting a big nasty thread but what do you think?:o:o

Have you really checked to see if you are saving money? I believe you would pay for 2 people in the balcony plus 2 people in the inside cabin to get single occupancy. It's double the price except for around $200 taxes and port fees. The drink package would need to be pretty expensive to be more expensive than 2 more passenger fares.

If it is cheaper, you are not cheating anyone. They set their own price structures and if you find a way to cut your cost using their rules it isn't cheating. Once we sailed with a couple that hadn't sailed before and our Carnival PVP put one of us in each room and one of them in each room so we all could get the past guest price and upgrades. It felt odd, but that advice came from a Carnival rep.

I think it is an excellent idea if you can get the single supplement rate. Carnival sells it that way, why not take advantage of it....

My sons are booking separate rooms so each have a bigger bed. And one drinks and the other doesn't so one will buy the drink package and the other doesn't have to. That seems fine since they are grown men and like their space.

You cannot get an extra key. Your sign and sail is your key. Tried to do this last cruise and that's what I was told...

You were told wrong. They gave us an extra key for our kids' room in November. They can encode them at guest services.