day tours from harwich

bingham

Hello! Your question has been asked a number of times on this forum, so if you do a search for "Harwich," you should turn up some very helpful replies.

And while you didn't ask, I would like to suggest the Alma Inn for lunch or dinner; a really comfortable pub with excellent food!

http://www.almaharwich.co.uk/

Have a great cruise!

When we did the Back to Back on Infinity, we took a Celebrity excursion to Cambridge. It was good.

For DTY, you can take the train to Colchester, one of the oldest cities in Britain (founded by the Romans).

The Flatford area around the river Stour is lovely, its known as Constable country after the famous artist who painted many scenes in around there. You also have other parts of the Suffolk countryside include the coast abit further up with places like Walberswick.

If you are in to history then Colchester is a good bet, its the oldest record town in Britian and was the Roman capital. Theres a Norman castle (I think the biggest in Europe) built on the foundations of the roman temple of Claudius, the Roman wall surrounding the town as well as other history including alot regarding the English civil war.

I honestly think the Essex/Suffolk boarder area has so much to offer but is often ignored, not helped it seems by many councils lack of publicising them.