Summer 2015

Riff Sniff

We are booking the 15-night EBTA to Copenhagen for now, but that may change if we like the fall itineraries better. Love that Gold and Platinum can book a day early! :)

So if you change your reservation do you lose your deposit?

So if you change your reservation do you lose your deposit?

No. As long as you are not paid in full AND you change your reservation before your paid in full date, you do not loose anything. The exception is for concierge, where you can transfer your reservation and not loose your deposit, but if you cancel you forfeit your deposit.

We are concierge. We can move the reservation as many times as we'd like, but we cannot cancel. The new cruise should cost at least the amount of the deposit, or you would lose the difference. For example, the deposit on EBTA was around 1700$. If we move to a 3 night that costs 1200$ total, we'd be out 500$.

This EBTA is way more expensive than previous transatlantic cruises. I doubt we'll keep this reservation either.

No. As long as you are not paid in full AND you change your reservation before your paid in full date, you do not loose anything. The exception is for concierge, where you can transfer your reservation and not loose your deposit, but if you cancel you forfeit your deposit.

Is there an expiration on the deposit like they are doing for the on board bookings?.

Yeah they want $8600 for a cat 7a and 11 room or 9600 for a cat 5b and 11 room. I can't possibly justify the cost when I can get mid ship balcony rooms on other cruise lines for $3-4 k less. Bummed. I don't know which families are out there that can afford these prices.

They are now Mad.

Not sure who "they" are...but I personally am not mad. Am I disappointed...yep. Will next February most likely be my last DCL cruise, perhaps.

Here's what I saw today - our February President's week cruise - 7 days to Caribbean for the five of us - $6,500. New summer 2015 announce and same group, same category for 5 day Bahamas on Dream - $6,600. Same 7 Day cruise...over $9,000.

Love Disney and its is my favorite cruise line. However, they just priced me out of the market. Glad to see that there are still folks that can afford it without blinking an eye. Have to keep the economy going, I guess.

The prices have now risen to an unrealistic level, now it seems people will pay but I am not sure for how long.

I ordered a Cat T it was over $34k that's over $7k more than a 12 night cruise this year.

Year. 2014. 2015

Days. 12. 12

Ports. 7. 5

Cat T. $27k. $34k

That is a massive increase and less ports and Tallinn is half a day.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

True, the concierge rates are through the roof....but they are sold out for several of the dates! Granted, people my move those dates or not pay the deposit (courtesy hold with travel agent may be in effect at this point).

You may also find people who decide that perhaps they don't need concierge services. Perhaps 2 cabins of a lower category would serve their purposes as well for significantly less green.

As long as there are people willing to pay the price, DCL will charge it.

True' date=' the concierge rates are through the roof....but they are sold out for several of the dates! Granted, people my move those dates or not pay the deposit (courtesy hold with travel agent may be in effect at this point).

You may also find people who decide that perhaps they don't need concierge services. Perhaps 2 cabins of a lower category would serve their purposes as well for significantly less green.

As long as there are people willing to pay the price, DCL will charge it.[/quote']

I think a lot are on hold waiting for people to decide, a lot will come back, CRAZY prices above DCL s high prices before.

I refused the Suite, went for two rooms instead and saved a lot.

Can afford it but cant justify it, its not good value for money.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY