CAS: Jade and Balcony/Mini Questions

jinxyoz

Hi Everyone

Booked on the Jade in June from Venice and booked through CAS for the very first time. Received a fairly decent offer (well compared to Australian pricing...about $1400 saving!)

Currently booked in a Mid Ship Balcony BA on Deck 9 which I have chosen the room. Spoke to CAS last night about something and they offered a mini suite for an extra $200 even on top of the total.

The other option he mentioned was if we swapped to the Epic leaving from Barcelona he could put us in a mini suite for the same price I've paid now for the Balcony. To do this I'd need to book a couple of new internal flights. We have been on the Epic before and loved it and very happy with the rooms.

Thoughts on Mini Suites on the Jade?? I haven't seen many up to date pictures or YouTube videos for quite a while. It would be on Deck 11 which the noise above when looking at the deck plans could be a problem depending on which part.

Any comments appreciated

First of all, if you haven't sailed out of Venice via Grand Canal, do it now while you still can - it is a truly amazing experience. City of Venice has already decided on limitations for cruise ships in Grand Canal and eventually when they have dredged a new waterway to the passenger port bypassing the canals altogether, it won't be possible at all.

What comes to the cabins, personally I'd stay with the balcony. Mini-suite has a little more room and a curtain between bed and seating area but otherwise the cabins are pretty much the same.

Also as you said, with MA minis there is the location problem, I've experienced it firsthand on Jewel under the pool deck area. Now we have booked MB minis on Jade through free upgrade from a balcony cabin for this May and got good cabins from under the Italian restaurant's dining area (galley areas should be avoided, it generates noise at night).

If there was more than two of us in the cabin, maybe then I'd consider upgrading to a mini-suite.

Edited by Demonyte

Thanks guys...I think I'll just stay with the balcony on Deck 9. Not interested in the overhang which seems to be an issue for some.

I'll just look forward to doing the Epic again next year.

Yep I know it's not a "suite", so all good there! Thanks