Blocked Cabins

granny49

Why does Princes block certain cabins? I am looking at a TA for 2015. On the full TA the website says SOLD. If you look at at the cruise without the TA the same cabins are available. I guess they want you to book a bb, but I wouldn't get as much obc. Can a travel agent get these cabins for you?

Thanks

Why does Princes block certain cabins? I am looking at a TA for 2015. On the full TA the website says SOLD. If you look at at the cruise without the TA the same cabins are available. I guess they want you to book a bb, but I wouldn't get as much obc. Can a travel agent get these cabins for you?

Thanks

When they are performing maintenance sometimes the whole sailing shows sold or cabins show not available.

Keep checking.

They are blocked for any number of reasons.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

When a segment can be booked as part of a b2b sold as a single cruise, then Princess will reserve some cabins only for that b2b. This is so those booking it as a single cruise can have the same cabin for both segments.

However as you suggest, a good TA can have Princess release the cabin you want for single segment booking and just put another similar cabin (if one exists) into the just for b2b category.