Fascination - Cabins M258-265 Aft

Any experience or thoughts on these cabins? They are the Aft cabins on the Main deck with the 4x3 windows on Fantasy class ships. What is below them? It would seem to be a cool view looking out at the wake. The two middle cabins look like on the ship layout to be a little larger?

Anyone got advice?

Maybe I should be more specific in my questions.

Having never stayed in those particular cabins or that far aft on a ship:

1. Is there more vibration/noise from the engines in those particular cabins?

2. Are the two cabins in the middle of that run slightly larger as it appears?

I did search the forum for more info before I posted the original question. Was simply seeking information.

These cabins are as far to the rear of the ship as passengers can get....middle deck but not mid-ship.

Edited by kentuckyluckyguy

- Possibly.

-Possibly. Objects in a rear-view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Maybe I should be more specific in my questions.

Having never stayed in those particular cabins or that far aft on a ship:

I did search the forum for more info before I posted the original question. Was simply seeking information.

These cabins are as far to the rear of the ship as passengers can get....middle deck but not mid-ship.

You will notice some more vibration at the rear of the ship. Watching the wake will make it worth it. :)

Above you will be balcony cabins, below you is a "crew space". You shouldn't have a problem with noise.

No, the cabins aren't any larger. If you look at photos of the back of the ship, the hull is straight, even though deck plans show them to be larger.

Have a great cruise! We'll be on her in September.

I have stayed in m269 and e244 (if I remember #s correctly) on the Inspiration. I love the aft view. It is very peaceful. The seas were calm so the movement was not an issue. Main deck cabin was quieter than Empress deck cabin. There is a blank space above the Empress deck cabin and I was told it was a conference room, unless they have conferences at all hours of the day and night that was not true. And size does matter...the middle cabins are slighter longer.

Hey, we were in #265 last Oct. for the Halloween cruise. I loved it, but my DW, not so much. The room is a little larger, which was nice. No real problems with vibration or noise. My wife didn't like the room because the A/C didn't work that well. (It was fine for me, hot woman!) The first night I got up about 3am and the wake was actually Glowing in the moon light! I love the fact that you can take the elevator and come out in the Coconut Grove. For me the only downside was that when we took this cruise I was in a wheelchair and the hallway to the room was very narrow, so I had to fold my chair to enter, but I did not want to give up my "Rumper Room" for a handicap room.

We were in M262 in 2010. We liked the cabin, and being able to look out at the wake. If the room was a bit larger, it wasn't by much...certainly not enough to be that noticeable. We did not have any noise issues.

The downside to this room would be that it seemed a looooooooooooong walk whenever we went anywhere or came back.

We were in M265 on the Fascination last July. The room was nice. The wake was very pretty to look at. The only problem I found was that the window constantly had tons of water on it so it made it difficult to look out of. We noticed a lot of motion on our first and last night but nothing in between. Just depends on weather. Overall I would probably not book again as we want to be midship from now on to be equal distance to most things.

we had M253 last Nov...no noise, no vibration . LOVED the closeness to the water from the balcony. Because of the closeness to water they did lock the balcony closed one night due to high wave splash for safety but other than that no issues. Love it

• 1 month later...
we had M253 last Nov...no noise, no vibration . LOVED the closeness to the water from the balcony. Because of the closeness to water they did lock the balcony closed one night due to high wave splash for safety but other than that no issues. Love it

What balcony was closed? Is that the space directly infront of the cabins? Can you get out there to sit?