Belize with 2, 6 and 10 year old boys

a6h73

We are stopping at Belize with our 2, 6 and 10 year old on RCL in 4 weeks- last minute cruise! Anyway, any ideas on what to do while we are there? Should I send the older boys cave tubing with my husband - is it fun they shouldn't miss? I wouldn't want to take my toddler on it but my mom will be coming too so we could potentially do something toddler friendly while the other ones do something more fun.

Appreciate any info-would rather not book through the cruise line.

TIA!

we have gone cave tubing twice in Belize with our boys using cavetubing.com and they were great. I would send the husband and older boys...they will love it!

Thank you!

Should I stay on the ship with the 2 year old?

We booked the cave tubing/zip line for my older boys and husband. Now to figure out what to do with my two year old. Still looking for ideas? My mom will be there too so I am not sure if we should stay on the ship or do something else.

We had small kids so we took a tour to goffs caye. A little expensive for a beach day but it was just beautiful. Nice shallow and clear water for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhh! I'm going I a few weeks with kids similar ages and have the same dilemma!! I like your idea of sending hubby with older kids to cave tube, while I stay with baby (we have a one yr old) OR having ALL of us go to goffs to beach (big kids/dad can snorkel). I too worry about shade though if it's going to be a long day???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just back from our trip. In the end, husband and older sons went zip lining and cave tubing with Butts Up, booked directly. Zip lining they *loved*, cave tubing they felt was ok but a bit bland- the water was pretty low I guess- April is their dry season. Very good organization and my husband loved the lunch, the kids refused to try it and ate graham crackers :-) I stayed on the boat with my 2 year old and it was completely empty. The tender is a long ride and its was 95 degrees out- I couldn't see risking being on a beach with him with limited shade. We had a nice quiet day.

Thanks for letting us know! We also booked with butts up (for DH and big kids) to go cave tubing and I'll just stay on the boat with the baby.

I had to LOL at your comment on the kids eating graham crackers !! That will SO be my kids too!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I have hired Nacho to take us and our grandsons, 8 and 10, to Altun Ha and then to the market in Belize City. There's lots of fruits and veggies unknown to the kids, as I figured I'd take a few back to the ship to try. Plus, it will be good for them to see people in own milieu instead of in a tourist setting.