First cruise - carnival paradise 2/22/14-2/27/14 with pics!

SarahMascara

Thanks for the review and pics, we love the Paradise, our first 3 cruises were on the Paradise when it was smoke free and doing 7 day cruises out Miami.

I forgot to add that we are thinking about doing this cruise in September.

I loved reading your review Sarah. Very nice pics as well!! I felt as if i was along with you and Todd on the cruise! :) I would also agree with what another poster said earlier, even a 7 day cruise will seem short! lol We can never get enough!

ha I made the "stairs" mistake myself. Thought it would "better and healthier" for me. NOTTTTTTTT just had had a full hip replacement. They said, do this do that, brek it in, Don't think I saw stairs on a cruise ship listed any place as recommended exercise. never again. thanks for a great

review. We leave in 4 days

ha I made the "stairs" mistake myself. Thought it would "better and healthier" for me. NOTTTTTTTT just had had a full hip replacement. They said, do this do that, brek it in, Don't think I saw stairs on a cruise ship listed any place as recommended exercise. never again. thanks for a great

review. We leave in 4 days

Have fun! I have 22 more days to go. On the dream, I was on the upper deck and it was real easy to take the stairs. This trip i'm on the riviera deck definitely a lot of elevator usage on this trip.

Enjoyed your pic review:)

Nachi Cocom is a great place to have a relaxing day on the beach! I really enjoyed it and the beach was beautiful. Your review brought back fond memories.

Thank you for sharing.

Great review. Wish everyone would take your example and do them all at once. How do you do that?

Right? I like to read everything at once, so I typed everything ahead of time and copy and pasted the img tag where all my pictures were. Took a lot longer than I thought so I'm glad I did it that way. It would have taken two weeks to complete and I would have forgotten everything! Thanks for reading!

cruise director Marcelo

Love Marcelo! We've had him for a few cruises now. Did he tell the story where his mom calls him Marshmellow? :D

We won't do another five day cruise again. It was not enough for us! Seven day cruises only from here on in!

I wouldn't recommend trying a B2B then, lol ;)

Thank you for posting your review and pictures!! I am from right over the border in Wisconsin, but practically call the cities my second home because I am there so often. I completely understand what you mean about the winter too. What a better time to vacation in Florida and take a cruise:)!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great Review....Do you feel that the Cheers program was worth it for you? Also, how many days did you purchase the program? I know you were on a 5 day cruise and didn't purchase until the 2nd day. Does that mean you only purchased 4 days?

Any info you have would be great. I ask because I like to drink, but my wife, not as much as I do. We are doing the 4 day cruise, which I think would only be 3 days if I purchased Friday morning. I know I would have at least 5 drinks per day, and she would probably have at least 2.

Any info would be helpful!

Great Review....Do you feel that the Cheers program was worth it for you? The cheers program was a toss up for us I feel. It definitely paid for itself but we were really only buying the expensive fancy frozen drinks. I think I drank more than I needed to because I was trying to get the most out of it. It was worth it for T because he can drink more than me and did a few shots. Also, how many days did you purchase the program? I know you were on a 5 day cruise and didn't purchase until the 2nd day. Does that mean you only purchased 4 days? Yes we paid for 4 days. Plus gratuity plus the drink we got on the first day

Any info you have would be great. I ask because I like to drink, but my wife, not as much as I do. We are doing the 4 day cruise, which I think would only be 3 days if I purchased Friday morning. I know I would have at least 5 drinks per day, and she would probably have at least 2. I am happy we got it because we could just relax and have whatever without caring about the cost. We wanted to go for it our first cruise so we would know for next time. I think it may depend on what you are drinking. We found we would have 2-3 fruity drinks during the day, a glass of wine with dinner, and maybe a cocktail at the show. Since we knew we could have whatever, we drank a lot. If I knew I was paying per drink I know I would have kept the cost down easily. Part of being on vacation for us is to just order what we want!

Any info would be helpful!

Hope that helps! Oh and you may want to check out the pricing of drinks that are posted online, that helped us!