Vifp club

TOP DECK

Those eligible for the gold and higher VIFP club, do the members receive the following?

Complimentary beverage at Seaday Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room).

These is Carnivals exact statement so do these people receive a drink of choice on each of their sea days and what types of drinks are available.

THanks

You get one drink only and it has to be from the dining room. This is what I have experienced anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You have to get it from the dining room but you don't have to drink it there. I always just ask for bartender, order my drink and leave to play trivia or some other game.

You get a coupon in your room that tells you that you can get one of a few specific drinks, but I've found the servers will give you almost anything you ask for if they have it available.

A lot of ships seem to be doing away with lunch and replacing it with Brunch. I don't know if the coupon is good then or only on the few times they serve lunch.

I've seen bar waiters standing outside of the dinning room during the last lunch of the cruise reminding people to use their coupon if they haven't.

We were on the Glory last week and I believe it was available for breakfast, brunch or lunch in the dining room any day. Before I thought it was only for sea day brunch.

Either way, I kept meaning to use it and forgot.

And like others have said, its for one drink per eligible person. You can order it and take the drink with you if you want. Others have asked for unopened beer and brought it back to their room to drink later.

I used mine the last seaday on the Pride. I just walked into the dining room and told the hostess I wanted to redeem my drink and showed her the coupon. Cocktail staff was right there as I was clearly not the only person doing this. I joined 5 other people seated nearby who had just placed their order also. I ordered a caesar and it took about 3 minutes to get my drink. I did wondered if the waitress still gets the customary tip added to all drink orders, so I tipped a dollar. I did not have to be seated for brunch to get my drink, but I did have to go into the dining room.

Funny thing was, that I stopped at the bar just outside the dining room and tried to get it there and they told me I had to go to the dining room, but that is where she went to get my drink. Seemed a little silly.

You will get a ticket in your cabin the first day. It is attached to the bottom of one of the several papers you will receive. Tear it off and use as described above.

Don't throw it away. On our last Carnival cruise one of our group didn't read the letter nor see the coupon and threw it away! By the time she went back to the cabin it was gone, dumped by the Ninja Steward.

Edited by SadieN

Funny thing was, that I stopped at the bar just outside the dining room and tried to get it there and they told me I had to go to the dining room, but that is where she went to get my drink. Seemed a little silly.

Depends on the ship.

On the Inspiration they were directing non-eating pax to the Piano Bar. On the Conquest we waited by the hostess stand for our drinks.

On the Victory a few days ago we were able to get our drinks without going into the dining room, by talking with the bartender just outside. Although she was only serving Bloody Mary's and Caesars at the small bar, she called over a waiter who went to the bar inside the DR and brought us our drinks. We tipped them both.

Ive gotten one of these coupons on all but my first carnival cruise and we arent gold yet. My kids get em too. I usually end up using my kids coupons outside the main dining room or in the MDR when we eat breakfast/brunch. Havent ever tried to redeem the coupons anywhere but the MDR though. I usually get a mimosa or two but have ordered DODs in regular glasses as well.