Travel Safe

I've seen one or two posts referring to the cost of hiring a safe on Thoms cruises. Has anyone considered buying a travel safe to take with them? I've been looking on Amazon and found this one … Sentry Safe P008e 2.2L Electronic Compact Safe … I'm just wondering how effective they are? I realise that opportunists will break into anything given half a chance but it would act as a deterrent and given the price of hiring a safe onboard one of these could well be a good investment.

I've seen one or two posts referring to the cost of hiring a safe on Thoms cruises. Has anyone considered buying a travel safe to take with them? I've been looking on Amazon and found this one … Sentry Safe P008e 2.2L Electronic Compact Safe … I'm just wondering how effective they are? I realise that opportunists will break into anything given half a chance but it would act as a deterrent and given the price of hiring a safe onboard one of these could well be a good investment.

I've often looked at them and they seem a good idea but would your insurance company accept them if the facility is provided by the holiday company, even although there is a charge. I know the old adage "it'll never happen to me" but when it does ..... :eek:

You should check your travel insurance closely. Some policies state that if a safe is provided, even if you have to pay for it, non use of that safe will disqualify you from claiming if you have items stolen etc.