Sickness on Carnival Magic

awp529

Strange, my husband and I both had the bronchitis and cough and we weren't even cruising:rolleyes:. He runs heavy equipment out in the middle of no where so it's hard to say where he got it but anytime you interact with the public your at risk. Sorry you came down with it on your cruise and hope your better as I know the cough lingers.;)

The upper respiratory infection type illness has been going around here for the last several months. At my office a lot of people have had it recently. I think it is just being cooped up with so many people for a period of time. The chances that some illness is being brought onboard every cruise ship are probably high.

We just got off the Fascination this past week...the past three Carnival cruises my other half got sick two days later from getting off two of those cruises, I got sick the day coming off the ship last year in May....it appears that one of us get sick on every Carnival cruise we take and of course pass it to the other. Oddly, we took RC and NCL cruises also and we never got sick. I wonder....

15 on Carnival and neither of us has ever gotten sick on a cruise or even immediately after. :confused: Don't think it's a Carnival thing - just the time of year and enclosed spaces.

The only time I've ever gotten sick traveling was a couple days after coming home from Hawaii. Between the jetlag and the nasty cold I picked up, it was pretty miserable.

Sorry if I sound rude, but seriously? How can you cruise during "cold & flu season", spending 7 days in a confined area with 3000 others, and be surprised when you come down with a cold? :confused: It isn't the fault of the ship or the crew. It is the fault of PEOPLE. People get sick. People spread "bugs". You are contagious for a day before you have symptoms, so you could unknowingly board the ship with a cold or flu and spread your bug like wildfire to the other passengers. It happens. BUT, a cruise is worth the exposure to a few "bugs", right? :) I've come down with a cold the last day of a cruise many times, but I expect this to happen. (So when it doesn't happen, I am HAPPY!) I consider a cruise to be worth a few days of a cold after the cruise.