Balconies on the Pride, deck 4 or 5 with some cover?

theavonb

Hello, We are thinking of booking this ship for next year and want a balcony cabin on deck 4 or 5. I see by the deck plans that some are obstructed with life boats, don't want those. Does anyone have cabin numbers that would have some coverage? I can't seem to find any pictures of a balcony with some kind of cover, they all seem open to me. Hubby isn't good with heights so I figure he could probably handle deck 4 or 5. We have only been on the Dream once and had a cove, loved it!

Thanks

Beth

I'm going to bump this up and I would like to also add the Carnival Splendor to the list of cabins as well. We would like to drive to the port for our next cruise and think sailing from New York would be pretty cool as well as Baltimore, an easy drive for us.

Anyone out there that has been on these ships have an info. thxs

We cruised the Pride twice in the last 6 months and stayed in rooms 4169 and 4187. We love the location of the rooms and both had full view from the balcony. 4169 we in the middle of the hallway near the stairs and elevators, 4187 was located down from 4169 and is the last cabin before the obstructed view balcony rooms so it shares one full wall and a partial wall with adjacent staterooms. We really love the location, close to everything.

• 1 year later...

We had an obstructed on the Pride once, 5231 towards the aft.

Something was constantly rattling around near/on the lifeboats and when the wind picked up it was really annoying.

We were also directly above the starboard side doors near the dining room and smell of cigarette smoke was very noticeable (popular place for a quick smoke before meals).

Being closer to the public decks just double check what areas are above/below you. We've had cabins near the lifeboats before and never had any issues.

Maybe mid-ship deck 5 port side?

All of the balconies on decks 4 and 5 are directly under other balconies, so there is coverage/ceiling to your balcony, but only as far as the edge of your balcony. None of them have any additional overhang. So your comfort in case of rain all depends on the direction of the rain.

If your spouse is not fond of heights, he might, in fact, like the obstructed balconies, which make it difficult to see straight down, but allow you to easily see out and upward. The lifeboats are mostly below the level of the top rail of the balcony, although a couple of bigger lifeboats have a taller portion. When we stayed in one of those cabins we did not notice a noise problem from the lifeboats and I haven't heard others mention that, so I suspect it is not a common issue. Like the cove balconies, the lifeboats make the balconies feel a little more enclosed, a little less exposed.

Hello, We are thinking of booking this ship for next year and want a balcony cabin on deck 4 or 5. I see by the deck plans that some are obstructed with life boats, don't want those. Does anyone have cabin numbers that would have some coverage? I can't seem to find any pictures of a balcony with some kind of cover, they all seem open to me. Hubby isn't good with heights so I figure he could probably handle deck 4 or 5. We have only been on the Dream once and had a cove, loved it!

Thanks

Beth

We had 5248 on the pride and it was a port side Aft balcony with shade, and a clear view to the water. My wife does not do well with heights but did not have one issue with looking over. we will book this room again in a heart beat the next time we sail the pride.

We had 5248 on the pride and it was a port side Aft balcony with shade, and a clear view to the water. My wife does not do well with heights but did not have one issue with looking over. we will book this room again in a heart beat the next time we sail the pride.

I will check this cabin out, might just work for my hubby. Thanks

All of the balconies on decks 4 and 5 are directly under other balconies, so there is coverage/ceiling to your balcony, but only as far as the edge of your balcony. None of them have any additional overhang. So your comfort in case of rain all depends on the direction of the rain.

If your spouse is not fond of heights, he might, in fact, like the obstructed balconies, which make it difficult to see straight down, but allow you to easily see out and upward. The lifeboats are mostly below the level of the top rail of the balcony, although a couple of bigger lifeboats have a taller portion. When we stayed in one of those cabins we did not notice a noise problem from the lifeboats and I haven't heard others mention that, so I suspect it is not a common issue. Like the cove balconies, the lifeboats make the balconies feel a little more enclosed, a little less exposed.

Thank you, I will check into those cabins...

• 1 year later...