Everglades nature trip

Deeliteful

We have a full day post cruise before an 8 pm flight from Miami and would love to do an excursion which includes wildlife, so thought the Everglades could be a good option. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

We have a full day post cruise before an 8 pm flight from Miami and would love to do an excursion which includes wildlife, so thought the Everglades could be a good option. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Is this for your cruise at the end of June? If so I would skip the Everglades that time of year. I don't think there is a place on the planet that is hotter and muggier than the Florida Everglades and the mosquitos are big, black swarms of violent pests.

It just isn't pleasant and can be miserable.

The Everglades are very special, especially if you're not from areas that have gators and swampland. We did the official tram tour and loved it, even though we went during dry season. Seeing the gators up close, as well as turtles and birds was great. We're from the west coast so we don't have anything like this at home. If on the other hand, seeing a gator and swampland is nothing special to you, I'd probably skip it.

The Everglades are very special, especially if you're not from areas that have gators and swampland. We did the official tram tour and loved it, even though we went during dry season. Seeing the gators up close, as well as turtles and birds was great. We're from the west coast so we don't have anything like this at home. If on the other hand, seeing a gator and swampland is nothing special to you, I'd probably skip it.

Thanks Tommy - not too many gators nor much swampland in the UK:D

I would really like to make the most of the day so will keep looking for a good tour.

Is this for your cruise at the end of June? If so I would skip the Everglades that time of year. I don't think there is a place on the planet that is hotter and muggier than the Florida Everglades and the mosquitos are big, black swarms of violent pests.

It just isn't pleasant and can be miserable.

BlueHerons: We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale the evening of April 18 and board our ship no later than 3:00 on the 20th (Port Everglades). I was thinking of Everglades Holiday Park (1/2 day show) and the water taxi. Do you recommend these this time of year? Any other recommendations, especially for the last day when we will need to be on the ship no later than 3:00. Thanks for your input.

Marilyn