Elation

nursey000

Taking the kids,(21,19,15,14), on their first cruise, my 4th. We have always had a balcony, this cruise we have an aft oceanview the kids have 2 interiors. Sell me on this smaller ship. Going 12-22 for Xmas. Tell me what not to miss. We have done Magic and Conquest.

Well I love the Elation and cruise on her every Jan. for one or two cruises. Now I'm old and don't need the water slides and pool. I just like the feel of it and you will find a lot of folks like me who cruises every yr on it. I see a lot of the same people every Jan.

We are thinking of taking our 2 single sons 30 and 34 on their 1st cruise this holiday season.

DH and I love cruising, it will be our 5th cruise.

The boys are all about inclusive on the beach somewhere.

We want the boys to try one time.

It is just the 4 of us, no parents, grandparents or grandkids at this point.

I thought a good time to try a 5 day. Merry Christmas for them

I am wondering though if there will be adults their age on a Christmas one Dec. 22-27

I agree with lhaddon and terryinal. Great ship. Staterooms need a little updating but nothing that would keep me from sailing on her. We have her booked on 4/28/14 and can't wait!

There are 3 pools. The main pool is on the Lido deck and has one slide. Also 2 hot tubs there. There is a children's pool and another pool on the Verandah deck (all the way to the back of the ship) along with another hot tub. These pools are fine for us and I see kids enjoying them; but if I were a kid and had a choice, I'm would prefer the waterworks on the other ships.

Elation also offers Circle C, Club O2, Video Arcade, Mini Golf, Sports activities, Karaoke for kids and adult Karaoke, Live Music etc.

Elation already has the Serenity Deck upgrade.....my favorite place!!

For an inexpensive 5 day cruise, I think its a great choice.

Hope this helps! :)

Taking the kids,(21,19,15,14), on their first cruise, my 4th. We have always had a balcony, this cruise we have an aft oceanview the kids have 2 interiors. Sell me on this smaller ship. Going 12-22 for Xmas. Tell me what not to miss. We have done Magic and Conquest.

Hey I think I might be one of the 4 stowaways ;) Hi mom! Thanks for the trip:)

On elation related note, I know for a fact the ship is getting upgraded in September, but no idea what she's getting. I am super excited and am looking forward to December lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey I think I might be one of the 4 stowaways ;) Hi mom! Thanks for the trip:)

On elation related note, I know for a fact the ship is getting upgraded in September, but no idea what she's getting. I am super excited and am looking forward to December lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's going to dry dock again? It just went in November of 2011. Cool, wonder what upgrades it will get.

Naomi / Bluejay, enjoyed your review. 4/28 can't get here soon enough!

Thanks

Elation is a smaller ship, and older, but great! Yes, she is due for dry dock this year. We went on her in Oct, and again this weekend! The food is always great, staff friendly. I agree with above poster .... the serenity deck is my favorite spot!