How many bottles of water can you bring in your luggage on a Celebrity cruise?

Holland316

I waited for 30 mins on the phone to get disconnected when I finally connected to ask this question. Does anyone know how many we can bring? My wife is pregnant and I know the ship water is filtered but just for peace of mind due to taste and quality I want to bring as many as possible. If someone could inform me or direct me to a site that has this information on the water and other items that we can bring on board it would be greatly appreciated.

Buy cases of water at a drugstore in FLL and leave them in the package. Then slap your luggage tag right on the case of water. They will deliver them to your room with your luggage. We have done that with water and soda in the past. I don't think there is a limit.

We have done the same thing with water and soda. For the 12 packs of soda we take two 12 packs and duct tape them in a flat open box from the grocery store and they have made it to the cabin intact. Just put luggage tags on them and leave them with the porter at the curb.

Edited by fgc15527

Buy cases of water at a drugstore in FLL and leave them in the package. Then slap your luggage tag right on the case of water. They will deliver them to your room with your luggage. We have done that with water and soda in the past. I don't think there is a limit.

Great idea. I will definitely try this. I would like to bring a 24 pack on but would hate to be turned down due to it being to big though. Its funny searching there website isn't bringing up much info. Thanks again.

Great idea. I will definitely try this. I would like to bring a 24 pack on but would hate to be turned down due to it being to big though. Its funny searching there website isn't bringing up much info. Thanks again.

It won't be too big. On my last cruise I slapped a luggage tag on a 24 pack of soda and it arrived intact in my stateroom with the luggage. I do slip the porter a slightly larger tip for handling it but beyond that: no troubles at all.

Water or soda, if you want your own feel free to do this because they are used to it.

Its funny searching there website isn't bringing up much info.

That's because there is no prohibition on bringing on any beverages except alcohol.

The only prohibition is liquor and beer, and a limit of 2 bottles of wine per cabin. As there is silence on other beverages, they are therefore allowed.

As I said in another thread, they don't explicitly tell me I can bring underwear, but they allow it anyway... LOL:D

The water on the ship right out of the tap is as good as the water as you will have in your bottles. Both are made using reverse osmosis technology (as identified on the the label on the bottle). You could always refill a sports bottle from the sink in your room or from a tap in the buffet area. Or buy just one bottle on board and refill it. There is no real need to buy and haul bottled water on board.

Reverse%20osmosis.JPG

Edited by boogs

Yes, but the bottled water that's purified by reverse osmosis doesn't start out as sea water like the water on the ship does. We definitely noticed a difference in being swollen after we started to bring bottled water with us on cruises (either in 24-packs or big jugs).