Soft-Serve Ice Cream on Breakaway/Getaway

Hello everyone, I am deciding on a trip on the Getaway, but I am wondering about the self serve ice cream machines. Are they located in the Garden Buffet? What times are they open? Is the ice cream frozen yogurt or ice cream? Does it have that "icey" taste? Sorry, but I love my ice cream! Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am deciding on a trip on the Getaway, but I am wondering about the self serve ice cream machines. Are they located in the Garden Buffet? What times are they open? Is the ice cream frozen yogurt or ice cream? Does it have that "icey" taste? Sorry, but I love my ice cream! Thanks!

On the Getaway, the machines are located in the Garden Cafe and the ice cream is very good. Doesn't taste like ice milk. I think they are open all the time the buffet is open, but not sure.

Loved this feature on the Breakaway. I saw 2 soft-serve machines and they are on each corner as you enter the buffet area. It was ice cream; I don't recall seeing yogurt. I would get a bowl by the hard ice cream counter and put sprinkles in it and then go to the soft-serve machine for the twist ice cream. YUM. They are open when the buffet is open only.

Edited by mizlorinj

Those ice cream machines on the Breakaway were my nemesis!!!

The chocolate flavor ice cream was absolutely delicious and unfortunately "forced" me to have 4 ice cream cones per day and helped contribute to my one pound per day weight gain on the Breakaway!! :D

Don

What are the flavors available on the breakaway?

The soft serve is vanilla and chocolate or you can mix them into a twist.

The hard scooped ice cream flavors varied, I think I remember rocky road, mint, orange, butter rum, and some others.

There is also the gelato place that is a surcharge.

Sounds good. Anyone knows the times that the buffets are open ? Is this the same for everyday ? Thanks

The hours were pretty much the same every day for each mealtime. I learned not to show up at 6 when it opened for dinner as it was very crowded--wait 30 minutes and it's much less crowded.

And yes, even when we went to dinner in a dining room we stopped by "just to check out the buffet" LOL

I'm still laughing that we're turning ice cream on Breakaway into its own thread. Glad I wasn't the only one at those machines daily (if not more)!! :p