Short review with pics - Silhouette 3/9/14

DanAnna

Just returned from a fantastic 7 day Western Caribbean cruise aboard Celebrity Silhouette. Really couldn’t ask for more on this trip. The weather and sea conditions were about as good as it gets.

GF and I flew out of Los Angeles Saturday afternoon March 8. Our non-stop Jet Blue flight was wonderful leaving on time and offering us free wi-fi and great choice of entertainment. We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale late Saturday night and checked into the Hyatt Pier 66. At check-in we were upgraded to a Tower room and given 2 drink vouchers which we promptly used in the lobby bar. I highly recommend this pre-cruise location.

On Sunday we decided to taxi to the ship instead of the hotel shuttle which had a pretty long line. We arrived at the ship around noon for check-in which took us about 30 minutes to get through. Once on the ship for an additional $80 we upgraded to the premium drink package. We booked the 1-2-3 Go package which included the basic drink package.

After a bit of exploring and quick lunch we were in our room by 2:00 pm. We booked a concierge class veranda stateroom port side on deck 10. Room 1219 was in a great location and a big improvement over the balcony stateroom we had last year on the Summit. Situated 5 cabins forward of the “hump” where the library and aft elevators are located. This area was very quiet and super convenient. Below are a few pictures of the cabin and views from the balcony.

buzs.jpg

0n4l.jpg

e9lp.jpg

3hak.jpg

38sq.jpg

lhps.jpg

I won’t go into too much detail of the ship since Gambee’s review from last year covered it all. We did Select Dining and usually sat for dinner around 8:30 pm. We did not do any of the specialty restaurants.

Monday’s first sea day was perfect. Premium chair locations were hard to fine by the time we went looking. We ended up on Solstice deck which turned out to be pretty nice.

Tuesday was another beautiful day and for Cozumel we chose to do the Bar Hop which took us to the undeveloped east side of the island. I posted a short review and some photos on the Cozumel Ports of Call page (Page 3 of link below).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2010583

Wednesday another great day and we ended up taking the tender to shore in Grand Cayman around 11:00 am. Taking a number for tender was kind of annoying. By the time we were ready to go ashore we were group number 42. From the time we picked up our number to the time we actually got called took about an hour. Once finally off the ship we took a 20 minute or so taxi ride to Calico Jacks on 7-Mile Beach. Again a few pics and review on the GC Ports of Call page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2010670

Thursday the ship arrived in Fallmouth JA around 7:00 am. Another beautiful day! We chose to go to the Hilton Rose Hall. Pics and short review on the Jamaica Ports of Call page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42098723#post42098723

Friday was Labadee, Haiti. Pics and short review on the Labadee Ports of Call page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42099382#post42099382

Saturday was our final sea day as we headed back to Ft. Lauderdale. Another beautiful sunny day. Surprisingly there were many empty chairs to be had this day as I’m guessing many passengers had more sun than they could handle.

Sunday we chose to keep our luggage and do self debarkation. After showering and quick breakfast we dragged our luggage onto the elevator down to deck 2 and quickly made our way off by 8:30 for our 11:15 am flight. Customs at this point took us about 30 minutes to get through. After a short taxi ride we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. All in all this was a fantastic cruise and we would definitely sail on Silhouette again!

Edited by DanAnna

Excellent review; thank you! We leave on that ship for that itinerary in just a few weeks - your review makes me so happy to read. Question: how did you get to the cove on Labadee? Was there food and/or drinks to be had there? Thanks!

Excellent review; thank you! We leave on that ship for that itinerary in just a few weeks - your review makes me so happy to read. Question: how did you get to the cove on Labadee? Was there food and/or drinks to be had there? Thanks!

You can either walk to Columbus cove or any of the other beaches or take a tram once you get off the pier. Plenty of food and drinks! Food is catered off the ship and set up buffet style in many locations.

Dan

Great review. Glad you had a good time.

Thanks! I know we should be planning a land vacation for next year but after returning from this cruise it sure makes us want to book another Celebrity Cruise instead.