Sign and sail...

allilivesay

I'm planning on linking my credit card to my sign and sail. I actually am waiting on a new credit card from my bank but I did go ahead and do our online check in. I put that we are planning on doing cash. Can this be changed? Sorry I'm really confused about how this process works. I did go ahead and print our cruise documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm planning on linking my credit card to my sign and sail. I actually am waiting on a new credit card from my bank but I did go ahead and do our online check in. I put that we are planning on doing cash. Can this be changed? Sorry I'm really confused about how this process works. I did go ahead and print our cruise documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can change it during check in or by going to guest services after you embark the ship. You can also edit your cruise docs before you cruise as soon as you get the card.

No. You can bring your printed docs as they are and when you check in at the port provide your credit card for on board charges. That is the easiest thing to do because if you wait until you are on the ship, the guest services line is very long!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your S&S account has nothing to do with your boarding documents. If you change anything on your ACCOUNT, you do not have to reprint any of your documents. The credit card you use to open the account just has to be valid for the time of the cruise. You can change it anytime before the end of the cruise and not have to reprint anything. You can change it at home, during check-in at the terminal, or at guest services on-board. HOWEVER, if you try to board with it still set as cash, you will have to make a deposit before boarding. I would change it BEFORE arriving at the terminal to avoid an extra thing to do during check-in.

Again for clarity, you do not have to reprint your cruise documents when you make payment changes to your S&S account.

Edited by Davey Wavey

I have changed it at check-in about 50% of the time. No time lost. No hassles.

I will say that on my July 2012 on the Legend out of Tampa, once we reached the end of the line where they send you to one of the check-in windows, they had a sign posted and asked if you had a cash account. Those people were directed to another line to make a deposit and then came back to be directed to the check-in windows. It didn't look to take more than 15 minutes. But, that was in Tampa and back in 2012 so I don't know if it is done differently now or if that was common across all the ports.

My cousin does all of our bookings. She signs me up as cash, then when we go to check in, I change it to credit card. This time we did a B2B though, so for the second cruise, I had to go to guest services to have the second cruise changed to credit card. We had an on board credit so I didn't have to make a deposit immediately. I just had to change it to credit card before my OBC got used up.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

On our last cruise we put or debit card down against the account but had enough cruise cash purchased before hand to cover the cheers program and after a day or 2 on the cruise we went to the kiosk and applied cash to our account and at the end of the cruise they had released the hold on the money in our account . that worked really well for us and made check in easy