Cabins on Carnival Sunshine

brichar499

I'm trying to get a read on how deep the major refurbishment project went when it comes to cabins.

I know they changed out the tv's but did the dry dock include new bathroom fixtures, bedding, balcony doors and glass, a/c, etc.?

Yes it was a complete refurbishment. The showers are bigger but the bathroom doors swing in towards the bathroom instead of out in the hallway like they normally do so this made it seem like the bathrooms in the cabins were very small

I'm trying to get a read on how deep the major refurbishment project went when it comes to cabins.

I know they changed out the tv's but did the dry dock include new bathroom fixtures, bedding, balcony doors and glass, a/c, etc.?

If you go to cruiselineroomsdotcom, look at cabin 7316 on the Sunshine, you will see some before and after pics of the room.

They did change the bath fixtures and color of the cabins.

We were on Sunshine last week in balcony cabin on deck 8. They did not change glass in window or door. It showed the 15 years of wear & tear as the Destiny. Everything else was new. No fridge and TV is not interactive. Otherwise everything was great.

A bit of a silly question, but how good are the hairdryers in the Sunshine cabins?! I have very long hair and so the little plastic things with a button you have to hold down are no good for me, so if that's the case I bring my own.

A bit of a silly question, but how good are the hairdryers in the Sunshine cabins?! I have very long hair and so the little plastic things with a button you have to hold down are no good for me, so if that's the case I bring my own.

We were in an ocean suite on deck 7, and the hair dryer was some ancient contraption mounted on the wall next to the sink. It was awful! I can deal with the little one in the drawer, but this one was really hard to use, if i'd known that's what i was going to get i would definitely have taken my own. My hair looked disappointing all week. :(

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to see a quick tour of a spa balcony cabin on the sunshine go to YouTube and type in

"carnival sunshine 12017"

It's just a 90 second clip but it shows you how short the walk is from the serenity deck

Hope you all enjoy the cruise,we certainly did

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app