Nightmare Alert: 7 Ships in Cozumel when we are

a6h73

We were going to take our 3 young boys (2-10) to Playa Mia (I think). How does the equation chance with this many ships in port? I afraid everything is going to be horribly packed. Advice??

Thanks! It's fun to look at the schedules. Good news to you: the information may not 100% accurate. For example, we will be on Triumph arriving at Cozumel on April 28 but this site puts us on April 29. Therefore, it may not be a complete nightmare for you....:p

We were going to take our 3 young boys (2-10) to Playa Mia (I think). How does the equation chance with this many ships in port? I afraid everything is going to be horribly packed. Advice??

1) What are the 7 ships?

The size of the ships arriving is more important than the quantity.

For example, we have only 5 ships on our day in Cozumel this April, but they are the Allure OTS, Carnival Magic, NCL Epic, Navigator OTS and us on the NCL Dawn. So even though it is only 5, three of them are the biggest in their respective fleets.

2) Playa Mia should help with lessening the crowds somewhat, since it has a general admission charge as a waterpark.

The first places to fill up are always the cheapest, like Paradise Beach.

But obviously, everyplace will be more crowded, on a busy day.

Playa Mia will be a great choice for kids that age. (my Niece and Nephew LOVED Playa Mia compared to Nachi Cocum, which I LOVE. )

Bill

We just returned yesterday from a 5 day on the Triumph. We had 7 ships in Cozumel on Tuesday and you'd never know it. The piers are so spread out and Cozumel is set up to handle a lot of people at one time. We were at Mr Sancho's for most of the day and it was busy but never seemed crowded at all. I'm sure a more quiet beach like Playa Mia will be awesome!!!

Good luck!