Traveling with small kids

I am going to be flying into Orlando with my DH and two kids (2.5 and 5). We will be arriving a day before our cruise so I am looking for advice on how to get from the airport to the hotel? We will be traveling with my parents so there will be six of us total but I am not sure what is the best/safest way to travel. Do I bring the kids car seats? Rent a car? Take a shuttle? And if we go with a shuttle do we use car seats or no? I have never cruised with kids before so I am not sure how to navigate this detail about getting to the hotel and pier ... thanks so much!!

I am going to be flying into Orlando with my DH and two kids (2.5 and 5). We will be arriving a day before our cruise so I am looking for advice on how to get from the airport to the hotel? We will be traveling with my parents so there will be six of us total but I am not sure what is the best/safest way to travel. Do I bring the kids car seats? Rent a car? Take a shuttle? And if we go with a shuttle do we use car seats or no? I have never cruised with kids before so I am not sure how to navigate this detail about getting to the hotel and pier ... thanks so much!!

If you are going to be in a car or van type shuttle with seat belts, then car seats.

We like the one-way car rental. We did this last year and it worked well. Budget has an office very close to port, and there's a shuttle to ship for after you drop off car. Prices are reasonable, not usually much more than a shuttle. Plus you have a car for your pre-cruise stay which can save money on restaurants etc. Of course they have car seat, not sure if they cost extra. You'd need an SUV but they have those.

We do car pre-cruise but usually use RCCL shuttle going back, since we don't do post-cruise stuff.

Make sure you search internet for discount codes first, you can find some good ones.

Edited by DrD

We have used Tiffany Towncar in Orlando (private shuttles) many times and they have always been excellent.

If you arrange it ahead of time they can provide booster seats (not sure about actually car seats, you would have to ask).

Upon prior arrangement, they will also provide a free stop at a local grocery or liquor store if you want to buy toiletries or wine or whatnot after you get there.