Haven Questions for the Breakaway

Homecruiser

I have found most information I need. This will be first time in a suite. I am bring my disabled adult nephew and his mom with me. We will be in a Courtyard Penthouse. My questions are really around accessibility.

Is there an elevator or lift in the Haven so that the wheelchair can go to the Haven Sun deck?

Do they ever open the retractable roof in the Haven? I have never seen a picture with it actually open.

I have found most information I need. This will be first time in a suite. I am bring my disabled adult nephew and his mom with me. We will be in a Courtyard Penthouse. My questions are really around accessibility.

Is there an elevator or lift in the Haven so that the wheelchair can go to the Haven Sun deck?

Do they ever open the retractable roof in the Haven? I have never seen a picture with it actually open.

Do you have a handicap accessible in the Haven booked? I'm only asking bc when I was on the BA I met a family that was traveling with their daughter who was wheelchair bound and before their trip they had specifically asked about how wide the door was to the cabin so her wheelchair could fit. They told her it would fit. When they got onboard, the way the door opens (outward) her wheelchair did not fit thro the doorway. All the HC accessible rooms in the Haven were booked so NCL gave them another HC room on another floor and her parents had to take turns sleeping in the other room with her. They had a 2 bedroom Haven suite booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes we have a Courtyard penthouse HC suite. the only one actually in the Haven. I am not at all worried about cabin accessibility. I found pictures of the exact suite and it is absolutely perfect for his needs. I can see no issues accessing the courtyard but am not sure if we can get up to the Sun Deck one level up. If thE roof is opened not much of a problem. I have never seen the roof open in pictures so just wondering! We all enjoy some time in the sun! Weather should not be an issue for the week of September 7.

We can always venture out and will probably do so...however if the ship is busy, we would like to be able to enjoy some sunning from the comfort of the HAVEN.

I can attest from personal experience that the roof is opened in good weather.

I didn't see an elevator to the second level sundeck.

Me either, and we looked for one.... Seems terrible that there is access to the sun deck other than the stairs! Maybe the concierge can show you to a "secret" elevator (like the secret elevators in the bars and kitchens?)

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Haven roof definitely opens innice weather... I thought i saw something inthe past about acces to sun deck but required assistance from crew to operate lift...put a call into the pre cruise concierge to find out.. I saw the HC penthouse on breakaway from the hallway, it looked huge. There was plenty of room even with the scooter parked in there... Enjoy your trip