lawn club Qsine???

spearmint

It has, unfortunately, been two years or more since we sailed Celebrity and we are now booked on Silhouette in a week or so. We did sail Solstice once; I notice that the glass show is gone and lawn club replaces it. What is that all about? Is it another specialty format?

And the oriental restaurant seems to be replaced by a Qsine....what is that?

Are they worth checking out? Thanks, Bill

The Hot Glass Show area is gone and the middle lawn area is the same. X added two pay venues for dining, The Porch (which I think has a $5 cover charge) and The Lawn Club which is more...maybe $45? Silk Harvest was replaced by Qsine. As to whether the added venues are worth trying out....that's subjective. You can do a search and find photos and menus for these places.

I personally have sailed Silhouette for two trans-Atlantic sailings and never found the need to go to any of them.....

We haven't been on Silhouette, but Reflection has the same venues. All were well worth doing.

We found the Porch to be a great place to have lunch on the first day, with no crowds and great views of the lawn area and the scenery around the port area. We ate there several times during our 14 night Med cruise. The $5 is for everything you may order, including salads, panini sandwiches, and deserts.

Mary%20at%20the%20Porch.JPG

The Lawn Club Grille is another semi out door venue on the lawn. You can order great tasting steaks and even grill them yourselves. We chose to have the chef cook ours, but did get involved with making our flat bread pizzas, which we had a ball doing. The best steak I have had in a very long time, on sea or land.

Making%20Pizza.JPG

Qsine is a fun place to dine. With very innovative menu choices, unique ways of presenting them, and smaller portions, your party can try many different food items, from "slider" burgers, to sushi, to spring rolls, to tacos, to ethnic foods. Go with a large appetite, take your time, relax, and enjoy the fun atmosphere and the variety of foods. Our group of four liked it so much we went back for a second time. Well worth it.

Here is a link to the menu: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_qsine&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Mary%20at%20the%20porch%201.JPG

Edited by boogs

The food in the Lawn Club Grill rivals any dinning venue we have tried on a cruise ship. Very very good.

Totally agree, in fact we went twice during our sailing. They sometimes have a 20% off your bill in the Lawn Club Grill for embarkation night. Also, once during the week it is open for lunch for a reduced rate of $25pp. The menu is exactly the same.

Enjoyed The Porch and feel it is definitely worth a $5pp charge and the view is awesome.

Spearmint, wondering if you could email me at cruiseworld101@ gmail dot com? We were on the Silhouette two weeks ago have a question if you plan on going to the Lawn Grill or Porch....thanks.

Please keep in mind that food is very subjective. We just returned from the Reflection this morning. We once again enjoyed Qsine. Dined there two nights. We had a bad experience at the Lawn Club Grill last year but decided to give it another go this time and the result was the same. There was a group of about 50 there and it totally screwed up the entire evening for us due to the crew trying to prepare the meals for this group. They should have closed the venue until this group finished.

Service was non existent at first. Finally the manager came over and took our order. Then the food started arriving way too close and too fast. Pizza/flatbread and baked potato was undercooked and steak was overcooked. Not worth the forty bucks surcharge. Qsine cost is $45.00 per person.

The Porch was good but service was just average at best. Same as last year.

One note all specialty restaurants were busy when we were dining in them which was a total of five nights.

Still had a great cruise on the Reflection.

Edited by cruisingator2

Thanks to all of you, helen haywood, wallie5446, happy2cruise (sent you an email). All of you gave us some information and advice that we will use.

Boogs, thanks for taking the time to respond and also for the great photos. I had no idea that The Porch existed, as I did not find it on the Celebrity Website. You look like you are having a great time and I am sure we will, too.

After I posted, I went on the Celebrity website and was able to find the dining venues. Celebrity has improved the site since I was last there; it is easier to navigate, I found.

Bill

P.S. If the Lawn Club and Qsine are $45, is the same true for the others such as Murano? We will do them anyway, but originally the price was $25 and then went up to either $30 or $35 last time we were on board which was a more than a couple of years ago. We can't wait to board!

Edited by spearmint

P.S. If the Lawn Club and Qsine are $45, is the same true for the others such as Murano? We will do them anyway, but originally the price was $25 and then went up to either $30 or $35 last time we were on board which was a more than a couple of years ago. We can't wait to board!

Actually the Lawn Club Grill is $40 not $45....at least that's what it was 2 weeks ago:)

Thanks to all of you, helen haywood, wallie5446, happy2cruise (sent you an email). All of you gave us some information and advice that we will use.

Boogs, thanks for taking the time to respond and also for the great photos. I had no idea that The Porch existed, as I did not find it on the Celebrity Website. You look like you are having a great time and I am sure we will, too.

After I posted, I went on the Celebrity website and was able to find the dining venues. Celebrity has improved the site since I was last there; it is easier to navigate, I found.

Bill

Not sure what the current prices are, but we always purchase a specialty dining package just after boarding which saves us anywhere from 15% to 25% depending on the cruise and what is included. Just go up to any hostess desk at any of the restaurants and ask. On our Med cruise last year on Reflection, the savings was 21% and included one visit to each specialty restaurant. We then went to Qsine a second time after asking if they had a "repeat customer" discount and were given a 28% discount for that visit.

Edited by boogs

FYI,

We did not pay attention, were having to much fun :D watch to see if they open some of the places for lunch during your sailing. They did this for Murano & Lawn Club during ours, and it was $25 pp, with most of the same items served. With our next sailing being 11 days, we are looking at the 5 day speciality pkg.

Enjoy your cruise.