Laura, What's wrong with Cruise Critic?? Problems!

gkm

Canderson, I have the exact same problems you describe. I'm on AOL, but that's the same as IE. I will say that since yesterday morning I haven't had a problem, but I know better than to cheer again.

I wish that LauraS had allowed posts on her update of the problem rather than locking it because then EVERYONE could address their issues there and she would be sure to see it.

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']Canderson, I have the exact same problems you describe. I'm on AOL, but that's the same as IE. I will say that since yesterday morning I haven't had a problem, but I know better than to cheer again.

I wish that LauraS had allowed posts on her update of the problem rather than locking it because then EVERYONE could address their issues there and she would be sure to see it.[/QUOTE]The "Submit Reply" problem will continue until they're off of version 3.0.8. If you look at the very bottom of the screen, you'll see the current version of vBulletin that is running here.

Like you, I wish the prior thread was still open. Not sure if they're seeing any of this or not. If I don't see a reply here soon, I might drop an email to assure they're aware of the 3.0.8/3.0.9 resolution of this one particular problem. Hate to bother them with email, but...

[quote name='canderson']My understanding of FireFox is that it uses certain of the existing facilities of Windows that are used by IE6, and that's probably why they have this problem in common, so the "freeze on submit" would likely be resolved for both. 3.0.9 probably won't help our white screens, but at least they could squash the one bug for us.[/QUOTE]
One would think that VBulletin tech support would suggest that they upgrade
like yesterday.

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']Canderson, I'm sure they won't feel bothered. I've emailed LauraS from time to time ... even IM'd her ... and she's always been most accommodating. If you might be of any help, I can't imagine CC being in the least upset. They might now know about the "fix"![/QUOTE]Looks like Laura caught it in the other thread. She says they didn't get any notification from Jelsoft about the .8 problem / .9 fix that was released on the 9th, but she says they're going to jump on this [u]today[/u] (thanks, Laura!). Look forward to seeing the dreaded "Submit" lockup being history SOON!

Archived