Laura, What's wrong with Cruise Critic?? Problems!

gkm

Laura, Walt, Andy, etc. We really are having a lot of problems getting into cruise critic. When we finally load, sometimes we can post one reply then can't get another one to post. I've had trouble for the last few weeks where I couldn't get in, couldn't move from thread to thread, or post. I usually give up in frustration and I'm sure others are too. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with volume of posters who are on-line at the time, because it happens early in the morning. I've looked and there aren't many people on the boards then.

I just wanted you to be aware that there are problems.

Garry

I have AOL and I'm having a lot of problems too. Garry's right, it's worse in he morning, but I'm having problems at all times of the day. I'm totally addicted to this web site, I need my daily fix!:D

Terri

Like Garry, I've just given up in frustration at trying to get into a thread or to post a reply. Nice to know I have company, but would rather figure out what is going on.

As a left coast poster, I have been able to figure out times when board is less active, but that doesn't seem to matter...

Help,

Susan

I am a man of few words and have little time to read and post, to sum this situation up in a thought out and concise post, I would have to say…

This Sucks!!!!!!!!

If you don’t get this fixed. I’m only gonna post when the board is up and running right or left or sideways or backwards, your loss!

I have a lightning fast cable connection.

I conduct my business every day on the internet, and must have a fast connection.

Waiting for Cruise Critic is like waiting for molasses to run uphill on a cold day in February. :(

I was having reply problems.. But then I figured out it was the ads loading too slow. Shouldnt happen with cable connection.

I use firefox so i downloaded an extension to block them.

Work alot better now, although it is taking $ off the board.

Laura, Walt, Andy, etc. We really are having a lot of problems getting into cruise critic. When we finally load, sometimes we can post one reply then can't get another one to post. I've had trouble for the last few weeks where I couldn't get in, couldn't move from thread to thread, or post. I usually give up in frustration and I'm sure others are too. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with volume of posters who are on-line at the time, because it happens early in the morning. I've looked and there aren't many people on the boards then.

I just wanted you to be aware that there are problems.

Garry

Hi Garry ! (And Everyone)

I wanted to make sure that you did not feel your post was ignored. I also have seen some issues the past day or so. I am very sorry that I have no answer. What I can do, is make sure that the Cruise Critic folks are aware of this. However, I am willing to bet they already are aware of this.

The good news is, I have not experienced any problems this evening. At any rate, I will make sure that Cruise Critic is aware of the problem.

If I hear anything further, I will keep you posted.

I am having problems here, too. Sometimes it's perfect, other times it's slow and sometimes it's simply not accessible, I get an "database error" message.

My worse time seems to be around lunchtime (pst), in the evenings it's almost always OK.

as I have logged on to be told that I have no access. An hour later all is fine.

Close to every time of connecting I get what resembles skid marks on the screen, space down and the whole thing has -0- words for close to 3 minutes then it snaps into proper form to read & post.

I use a T1 account & this is the only site that does this.

I have aol and a highspeed cable internet connection, I have been having connection problems for a number of weeks now, I did e-mail the host once to see if anyone else was having these same problems and was told not to their knowledge, that aol experiences problems with cruise critic. I am glad to see it is not my computer and other folks have the same issues. It is very frustrating!

• Administrators

Hi Folks:

To be honest, we didn't realize the problem was this widespread, so I really do thank you for posting and letting us know.

Whenever the boards go "down", even for a split second, we receive a notification immediately.....but we aren't notified if things bog down.

I will pass this along to our webmaster who is in the process of installing a fourth server to assist with our board traffic! We've grown by leaps and bounds and, as some of you have realized, traffic during peak times of day make access slow. Seems, too, our "peak time of day" is no longer the middle of the afternoon but from 10 am ET through 9pm ET.

So, bottom line is -- we're working on it, but please keep letting us know.

Laura

Andy, Thank you for trying.

Hi Eric !

At least we have our response from Laura. I did email her moments after reading the posts here. The good news is, that we know the proper folks at CC are aware of this issue now. Maybe it has something to do with the new server being added.

Thanks again for letting us know. I was happy to put the wheels in motion.

This problem has been ongoing for a few weeks now.

There have been several threads complaining about the slowness of the boards. Apparently the people who wrote these threads and responded thought that by doing so the moderators would look into the problems and take them seriously. Guess not.

I guess we're a very patient and trusting bunch.:)

Hi Eric !

At least we have our response from Laura. I did email her moments after reading the posts here. The good news is, that we know the proper folks at CC are aware of this issue now. Maybe it has something to do with the new server being added.

Thanks again for letting us know. I was happy to put the wheels in motion.

To all of the posters - IT is NOT your cable or DSL Connection.

Obviously there is an issue with the board - I have seen four distinct issues.

1 - Blank screen after a very long wait.

2. Message that there is a possible issue with the database - someone has been notified.

3. Page cannot be found error

4. When you try to repost - you get a message that you alredy posted this in the last 5 min but it is not there.

Based on my experience - Either the database is hanging - lost a connection somewhere or the server is saturated. former is more likely as the latter would cause messages to queue up.

You might want to pass this to the Web Gurus

Boy, the boards are BAD today. I can't get but one thread open in a 10 minute period and to post takes forever. I wouldn't dare try to post without copying it first. I've gotten quite a few "refresh" messages. It's frustrating!!!!!!:(

Laura, Walt, Andy, when will it improve????:confused:

Garry

Archived