Laura, What's wrong with Cruise Critic?? Problems!

gkm

I have had huge difficulties for well over 2 or 3 weeks, not just the past few days. Rarely a day goes by that is trouble-free. It might be fine one second and then I'll click on a thread and it just doesn't connect.

It never occurred to me to report it because I get messages saying the "technical difficulty" or "database error" has been reported. So I figure "why bug them?". Clearly that was a mistake.

This is at all times of the day although I'm usually checking between 9 and 9 EDT. But's it's all hours throughout the day. Sometimes I can't even connect, sometimes I can't even reach "reply" and sometimes (and this is the most annoying) I reply, click "submit reply" and it comes up "database error".

It's gotten to the point that I finish my post, highlight and click "copy" so I can resubmit if need be.

It's gone on for so long that the minute I see the problem, I simply click "exit" and leave. I just don't have the time to sit and wait and it still doesn't connect.

right now the boards are working just right. But latlely they have been more more than slow. it is only this board that is working this badly. I have a cable connection and it is quite fast but not this site. sometimes I have to jsut give up and come back later. I hope it get fixed quickly. Pat

Also a cable connection, also Firefox, also same problems everyone else who posted described. Again -- as happened a few months ago -- time of day or night is not a clear factor. Over the last few weeks, I have been on this board at least once at 0100hrs, 0200hrs, 0300hrs, 0400hrs, 0500hrs, 0600hrs, 0800hrs, 1000hrs, 1130hrs, 1200hrs, 1300hrs, 1400hrs, 1600hrs, 1730hrs, 1800hrs, 1900hrs, 2130hrs, 2200hrs, 1100hrs and midnight -- all Southern Ontario time (eastern time zone - Daylight Savings Time). I'm very happy to know that Anne and the powers that be are looking to end this situation soon. I'll welcome the improvements. :)

It is not as bad in the morning, but lunch time is horrible. I can't tell you how many times I can't connect or I connect, look at one thread and that is the end of the story. This has been going on for a month. It just seems to get worse each day.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Cruise Critic Message Boards database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Outage lasted for approximately 2 min

So folks - it is NOT your Cable or DSL

I also have been having problems with the boards taking forever to load. But earlier today, I posted a long reply only to have it disappear!!!! Talk about FRUSTRATING!!!! From now on I will copy BEFORE I post just in case...earlier I just gave up because I didn't want to write the whole thing again. PLEASE fix the boards!!!!!

I keep getting an error message of Web Site Not Responding. Even though Infopoop had some problems, this server has been much worse. If I can log on before 10:30am CDT, it's OK, but anytime after that, it's a giant pain.

Hi there,

I have been having probs too. I am in the UK on 2.3 MB.

This is not a complaint. I am glad that this is being looked into. This is a great site that suffers from slowtime now and again. I look forward to it flying again!

Keep up the good work!

Having posting problems again. I click "submit" and I get a completely blank page and it says "done".

Heather .... Hi! You and others are NOT alone! I've had the same problem/problems for at least the past SIX weeks. Sometimes, it's worst than others. :rolleyes:

What bothers me is that it has to be horrid for "new folks" to the board and probably keeps many "visitors" from becoming members! :o

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I think all of us are pretty frustrated - but considering we don't pay for use of the board we shouldn't complain.

HOWEVER - I think that the owners of the site SHOULD offer an explanation,

and when or if remediation is going to happen IMHO

Many of you have noted that we should not be complaining since it's free. Actually, I agree with you. There's a difference in letting CC know and the "whine-whine" :rolleyes: sort of complaining.

My earlier post was at Laura's request ... per below:

Hi Folks:

To be honest, we didn't realize the problem was this widespread, so I really do thank you for posting and letting us know.

Whenever the boards go "down", even for a split second, we receive a notification immediately.....but we aren't notified if things bog down.

I will pass this along to our webmaster who is in the process of installing a fourth server to assist with our board traffic! We've grown by leaps and bounds and, as some of you have realized, traffic during peak times of day make access slow. Seems, too, our "peak time of day" is no longer the middle of the afternoon but from 10 am ET through 9pm ET.

So, bottom line is -- we're working on it, but please keep letting us know.

Laura

Archived