NCL Latitudes Dilemma...

calex

Hahaha...most of the "nice" house wines included with the Le Bistro dinners can be purchased for around $10-15 per bottle at the supermarket. As far as "cruise burnout" goes, it's a matter of personal preference. I think two weeks is just about the right length for a cruise. A week feels rushed, and things start to drag a little after the 16th or 17th day. There have been several times when I've sailed for a month straight (booking back-to-backs on the same ship), and I'm usually ready to get off by the last day. Still, there are those who can go for months and still find it enjoyable.

A big thank you for everyone's input to my original question if I should book an extra cruise while in Miami to get another 8 points to become platinum after my Panama Cruise. At first glance, a cruise for $200 per person did not look too bad. But, adding in port charges, taxes, gratuities, lodging and food for an extra 2 days, and a rental car, the extra cost approached $1500... Plus, the NCL Sky is now rated at only 3-1/2 stars, a far cry from the 5-1/2 star luxury we experienced on our last cruise aboard the Celebrity Solstice.

I might be better off waiting for a future Latitudes Insider Offer on an Alaska Cruise out of Seattle which is only a 4 hour drive north.

• 3 weeks later...
When did the Latitudes program start? Hubby and I cruised with NCL for our honeymoon in 1986, but can't sign in as previous cruiser.

Good question, you may want to call NCL's Lattitudes Reward Program directly at 1.866.234.0292. I think I remember reading somewhere that if you were enrolled in the prior reward program before 1/1/2011, your earlier cruises were brought forward.

When did the Latitudes program start? Hubby and I cruised with NCL for our honeymoon in 1986, but can't sign in as previous cruiser.

To get credit for cruises prior to 1999 you must submit some kind of proof to the Latitudes Department.