Silhouette class 2C or 2D cabins

kimlovesfl

I'm looking at a fall 2015 cruise on Silhouette, and I have a question on these 2 stateroom categories.

Are ALL the cabins in these categories obstructed view (2D) or partially obstructed view (2C), or are there some that have completely unobstructed views? It looks as though some of the 2C cabins in the aft part of the ship have clear views.

Any advice on which cabin to book? I really want a verandah cabin, but I need to keep my cost as low as possible.

All the 2Cs do have some obstruction. But look at the deck plans. I've stayed in cabin 6303 which is a 2C whose only obstruction was the roof of Blu on the deck below; it meant there was a four or five foot level of the roof preventing you from looking straight down. If you went up one deck and had the cabin above, 7305, there would be the same obstruction, but that is a 2B cabin. So, while all 2Cs have some obstruction, my point is that many of the higher priced cabins have a bit of an obstruction as well! I was perfectly happy with the 2C and the savings.

The veranda IS larger. If you do a google search for photos of the exterior of the S class cabins you can see that the last 6 or so aft 2C cabins have larger balconies. And another reason I liked those cabins....the roof from Blu is just that....if you are in a 2C further forward and over the lifeboats, that deck is lit at night and the lights interfered with our star gazing at night.

My TA just booked cabin 6302 on the Silhouette for Sept 24, 2015, a 9 night cruise round-trip from Rome. 18 months from today....gotta put myself in work high gear to pay for this awesome trip, cannot wait.

I am a little surprised that there aren't any specials other than a little OBC for this sailing. I was hoping for at least 50% off deposit.