September/October France cruise

ikesyd

We are looking at doing a Grand France or Burgundy & Provence river cruise in September/October 2015. Has any one travelled at this time of year to give us an indication of what to expect weather wise? Don't mind the cold just concerned about the amount of rain. Thanks

We did the Viking Portraits of Southern France - Saone & Rhone Rivers - October 21 to 28, 2012. We spent 4 days in Paris beforehand with some light rain but the cruise was gray skys but not too wet - as I remember it only rained in the morning in Arles. Weather was nice - can't remember the exact temperatures but we needed just a light jacket/coat.

Here's a link to my photos: Cruise SlideShow

We did the Viking Portraits of Southern France - Saone & Rhone Rivers - October 21 to 28, 2012. We spent 4 days in Paris beforehand with some light rain but the cruise was gray skys but not too wet - as I remember it only rained in the morning in Arles. Weather was nice - can't remember the exact temperatures but we needed just a light jacket/coat.

Here's a link to my photos: Cruise SlideShow

I think raining in France especially in Paris might be romantic ^_^

September and October are great times for the south of France. That is usually the time we travel there. In September, the weather is warm (sometimes hot) and generally sunny. It starts to cool down more in October, but it isn't cold (50-70) except for maybe in the mornings later in the month. This is also the season for the vendange (grape harvest). It's a splendid time to be in southern France.