Back from a suite weekend on Brilliance! Any questions?

Adrian, the bartender in the CL, is awesome at his job. It's impressive just to watch him make the drinks. The ladies were all in love with this one. I can't remember what it's called, some sort of fruit flavored martini.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3A263%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963347795326nu0mrj

The drink was called Get Passionate!

We had a nice day in Cozumel with a good friend. We had a few drinks at Senor Frogs before getting back on board.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3B277%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963347797326nu0mrj

Adrian, the bartender in the CL, is awesome at his job. It's impressive just to watch him make the drinks. The ladies were all in love with this one. I can't remember what it's called, some sort of fruit flavored martini.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3A263%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963347795326nu0mrj

Everything else went very well, we had the best weather and sea conditions one could ask for. You couldn't even tell the ship was moving. We had excellent service and food in the MDR and Giovanni's Table. The waiters working the DL and CL were very nice and kept the drinks coming.

We only had two minor complaints:

We stopped by Rita's after returning from Cozumel. Both the Compass and the sign said that it opened at 3 pm. But when we got there it was totally empty with no sign of employees. After waiting for a while with no service we got up and left. They really don't utilize Rita's to its full potential as they did on Allure.

My other complaint is that they changed the clocks on us FOUR times on a four-night cruise! :mad: We rolled back one hour each night going out, and forward an hour both nights coming back. Totally weird, confusing and unnecessary. I have been on many cruises to Cozumel during both DST and standard time. It was not at all difficult to simply keep to ship's time and disregard the local clock.

But those two things aside it was a great cruise. I got to meet several new folks from here on CC, and reconnect with some from past cruises. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Just to get it out of the way early: I did not bring home any Cruise Compasses or pictures of the menus. :o

Was that Adrian "Bad Ass"?

I couldn't resist. I just sent a copy of the drink picture to the Mrs. while she's on her work travel. Hope you don't mind Grady.

That's not the one she ended up breaking when the gate hit her hand, was it? :eek:

Loved the pictures of your JS.

We brought Brilliance across the Atlantic to Boston and 6 weeks later from Boston to Tampa, so it seemed only appropriate that we should bring it back to Harwich from Tampa in another month or so. Looking forward to seeing the familiar faces of many of the crew and hope that most will be back on board for this crossing.

I couldn't resist. I just sent a copy of the drink picture to the Mrs. while she's on her work travel. Hope you don't mind Grady.

That's not the one she ended up breaking when the gate hit her hand, was it? :eek:

Ouch. A little post-vacation salt in the wound eh? :D

I think I took that picture on the last night, so that couldn't have been the ill fated cocktail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did you eat at Chops? Does it have the Old or new menu? Can you still get the Red Velvet dessert there?

No, sorry, we only did Giovanni's.

Was that Adrian "Bad Ass"?

I'm guessing so, he definitely was a B.A. with a martini shaker.

Loved the pictures of your JS.

We brought Brilliance across the Atlantic to Boston and 6 weeks later from Boston to Tampa, so it seemed only appropriate that we should bring it back to Harwich from Tampa in another month or so. Looking forward to seeing the familiar faces of many of the crew and hope that most will be back on board for this crossing.

You'll be in good company, most of the "usual suspects" from this cruise said they were going to do the TA as well. I wish I had enough vacation time at work to join you all.

Ouch. A little post-vacation salt in the wound eh? :D

I think I took that picture on the last night, so that couldn't have been the ill fated cocktail.

She's probably having a better week than I am. I'm home alone with the kids. No Adventure Ocean staff here. She's hobnobbing with VPs.

No, sorry, we only did Giovanni's.

Prefer Giovanni's..gonna get my fill in few weeks..too bad we're not going together..

Hope Adrian is there...wasn't in January..

But normally the bar staff rotates every 2 weeks.

What do I know? I've only been in the Brilliance CL on two cruises.

Even if he's not there, he'll be on the ship somewhere. Make sure you track him down for one of those passion thingies. Haven't seen so many people drinking the same drink in a bar like that since Sex and the City made cosmos so popular.

We found our CL bartender from December in Vintages... and he remembered us.

Edited by nolesrule

What do I know? I've only been in the Brilliance CL on two cruises.

Even if he's not there, he'll be on the ship somewhere. Make sure you track him down for one of those passion thingies. Haven't seen so many people drinking the same drink in a bar like that since Sex and the City made cosmos so popular.

We found our CL bartender from December in Vintages... and he remembered us.

Yes,all the bar staff rotates every 2 weeks..

There was a super bartender on the Liberty inaugural named Adrian..he made a mean Mojito in Boleros.. Maybe the same..

My 3rd time on BR for this winter season...still have not made it to Vintages..

Prefer Giovanni's..gonna get my fill in few weeks..too bad we're not going together..

Hope Adrian is there...wasn't in January..

Wish I was too Kathy! BR is well on its way to becoming my favorite ship, especially with EN's prices being so high.

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting.

No problem, glad you liked them!

Great Pictures! Hard to believe they were taken with a cell phone! We are in the cabin next door, 1086, for the TA. How was the noise from above? Many complain about being under the Windjammer.

Great Pictures! Hard to believe they were taken with a cell phone! We are in the cabin next door, 1086, for the TA. How was the noise from above? Many complain about being under the Windjammer.

I didn't find it to be bad, although you could occasionally hear a chair being drug or child running around. It wasn't obtrusive, very muffled. I'm usually up pretty late, so the WJ is always empty when I'm going to bed.

Sent from my Tricorder

Thank you!

Those things you can hear if a cabin is above you, too! I'm sure maybe a little louder since there's no carpeting on the floor there. I wasn't sure if we were going to be wakened in the morning by it.

I didn't find it to be bad, although you could occasionally hear a chair being drug or child running around. It wasn't obtrusive, very muffled. I'm usually up pretty late, so the WJ is always empty when I'm going to bed.

Sent from my Tricorder

Thank you!

Those things you can hear if a cabin is above you, too! I'm sure maybe a little louder since there's no carpeting on the floor there. I wasn't sure if we were going to be wakened in the morning by it.

I never was, but I'm a pretty sound sleeper.

Sent from my Tricorder

DarthGrady and others,

This is a great post and love the photos and comments. We are sailing April 21st on Brilliance. This is our first sailing on a non voyager class ship since 2007 on EOS. Your photos have helped me remember some of the details from EOS, cousin to BR. We normally spend a lot of time at the English pub in the promenade and may miss the people watching. The last five voyager class cruises have been balcony cabins, this will be our first ever interior as we realize were not using it enough to justify the expense. New departure port, new ship class, renovated features for the first time, new cabin type, we are very excited!

The roll call for that sailing is the quietest I have ever pre-sailed on. Maybe the group isn't tech savvy, it's surprising compared to our last roll calls.

I have a few questions you may be able to answer. First time for us to have a shower with the curtain. We are used to the "bank tube" showers and have read a few comments about water on the floor and other issues with the curtain. Any specific suggestions? I will pack according to your advice.

We plan on touring Clearwater beaches the day before and The Columbia for dinner the night before via rental car. We over night in St Petersburg after the cruise, any suggestions?

Any particular suggestions for BR venues or activities. Any boarding tips/time frames you use?

Thank you for your responses and advice,

Irelandvegas.

DarthGrady and others,

This is a great post and love the photos and comments. We are sailing April 21st on Brilliance. This is our first sailing on a non voyager class ship since 2007 on EOS. Your photos have helped me remember some of the details from EOS, cousin to BR. We normally spend a lot of time at the English pub in the promenade and may miss the people watching. The last five voyager class cruises have been balcony cabins, this will be our first ever interior as we realize were not using it enough to justify the expense. New departure port, new ship class, renovated features for the first time, new cabin type, we are very excited!

The roll call for that sailing is the quietest I have ever pre-sailed on. Maybe the group isn't tech savvy, it's surprising compared to our last roll calls.

I have a few questions you may be able to answer. First time for us to have a shower with the curtain. We are used to the "bank tube" showers and have read a few comments about water on the floor and other issues with the curtain. Any specific suggestions? I will pack according to your advice.

We plan on touring Clearwater beaches the day before and The Columbia for dinner the night before via rental car. We over night in St Petersburg after the cruise, any suggestions?

Any particular suggestions for BR venues or activities. Any boarding tips/time frames you use?

Thank you for your responses and advice,

Irelandvegas.

BR does indeed have the awful shower curtains. I hate them and wish they would replace every single one with the doors. You might have issues with water spilling out if the curtain is too short, which some are. The best you can do is put a towel on the floor and hope for the best.

The Columbia restaurant can get fairly busy between the tourists and the locals. I believe the take reservations, so that might be something to do beforehand.

Boarding the ship at Tampa is pretty straightforward. It's a nice terminal and we've had very few issues there. The biggest crowds seem to be between 11 and 1.

If the Park Café is open on the first day I would eat there versus the Windjammer. The WJ gets very crowded on embarkation day.

The Columbia restaurant can get fairly busy between the tourists and the locals. I believe the take reservations, so that might be something to do beforehand.

I booked a table on Open Table a while ago. No flamenco show on Sunday night but the food really looks good!

Boarding the ship at Tampa is pretty straightforward. It's a nice terminal and we've had very few issues there. The biggest crowds seem to be between 11 and 1.

Great to hear that. Bayonne NJ was our best, and Galveston just seems plagues with issues (fog often, poor layout for drop off and a bizarre line through security)

If the Park Café is open on the first day I would eat there versus the Windjammer. The WJ gets very crowded on embarkation day.

We will be there early and Park Cafe sounds great, WJ is often more jammer than we need.