Royal Obstructed Balcony Cruisers Expertise Needed

sandybeaches44

I booked cabin E511, an obstructed balcony, that appears to be in the middle of a lifeboat/tender. My PVP said that E327 between two lifeboats/tenders would have a better view and I switched cabins.

After spending hours reading cc and looking at pics, I am not sure that E327 is the best choice. It seems as if the davits take up a lot of space between the tenders.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed or seen similar cabins.

Thanks a lot.

For balcony views looking straight out, and given the choice between those two cabins, I would have kept E511. But that's just me.

The bulkhead of stateroom E511 closest to the ships centerline is also just over the promenade deck at the entrance to Princess Live!, but I don't think noise from that venue will be an issue.

Overlay of E511 onto Promenade Deck

13416080984_775aeb1768_o.jpg

Here are a few exterior pictures, and although they are taken from a slight angle you can get the gist of what the views might be:

E327

13416241614_0f8bc94a37_c.jpg

E511

13416242124_101e432500_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

For balcony views looking straight out, and given the choice between those two cabins, I would have kept E511. But that's just me.

The bulkhead of stateroom E511 closest to the ships centerline is also just over the promenade deck at the entrance to Princess Live!, but I don't think noise from that venue will be an issue.

Overlay of E511 onto Promenade Deck

13416080984_775aeb1768_o.jpg

Here are a few exterior pictures, and although they are taken from a slight angle you can get the gist of what the views might be:

E327

13416241614_0f8bc94a37_c.jpg

E511

13416242124_101e432500_c.jpg

I agree with you. That's why we can rely on CC for the best information.

E331 is available. Do you have any pics that show the outside view? It appears to be above a quiet area. I need a cabin that is in the mid-ship range.

Thank you.

I agree with you. That's why we can rely on CC for the best information.

E331 is available. Do you have any pics that show the outside view? It appears to be above a quiet area. I need a cabin that is in the mid-ship range.

Thank you.

E331 is two cabins down from E327... :D The view looking out, and aft, will be much better than E327, but looking forward the lifeboat davit will block your view.

13417987124_9eecca5204_c.jpg

I was able to switch to E331. Cabin is also above a quiet area. I will continue checking to see if a cabin mid tender/lifeboat becomes available. Thank you for showing pictures and locations of tenders.

I followed your live thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.. What a fantastic cruise you had. I learned so much about the ship. I am looking forward to being on the Royal.

Sandi

We had two cabins, E312 and E314 during in March and the view was fine when you were standing looking out in all directions.

When you were seated, the view was obstructed but not too bad.

We heard no noise at all from the deck below, so that was good.

When we disembarked in Fort Lauderdale, the crew were out cleaning the lifeboat and doing routine maintenance right in front of the cabin at 7:30 am, which was neat too watch.

I was able to switch to E331. Cabin is also above a quiet area. I will continue checking to see if a cabin mid tender/lifeboat becomes available. Thank you for showing pictures and locations of tenders.

I followed your live thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.. What a fantastic cruise you had. I learned so much about the ship. I am looking forward to being on the Royal.

Sandi

THANK YOU for the kind words! Please do come back post-cruise and let us know about your experiences on Royal Princess.

Have a GREAT cruise!

:D

Dave, do you happen to have an exterior photo showing the location of E440 and E438 which are next to each other?

Thanks,

Elaine

The first two pictures were taken from a forward angle looking back at the ship. Your aft balcony divider will be in line with that first davit. It looks the view straight out/ahead towards the front should be OK, but remember that davit will be right at the balcony looking aft.

13571139993_3e0b6a0d2e_b.jpg

13571140473_7c4252a45d_b.jpg

View from E232 looking aft at E238/240

13571670574_fe819b5b65_b.jpg

Dave, thanks so much for the visuals :) Actually both balconies look pretty good. Can't wait to actually be sitting there, wine in hand!!

Elaine

Enjoy! I'm actually looking at trying one myself in December 2015 on Regal Princess.

Wow Dave, this info is awesome. We too booked an obstructed view for Feb. 2015 and I am unsure as to how bad the view will be. Any thoughts for cabin E624?? Thanks a bunch!

Deb

Enjoy! I'm actually looking at trying one myself in December 2015 on Regal Princess.

Thanks Dave. Actually I will be on the Regal in 60 days and have those two rooms booked. Will let you know what we think of them upon our return :)

Wow Dave, this info is awesome. We too booked an obstructed view for Feb. 2015 and I am unsure as to how bad the view will be. Any thoughts for cabin E624?? Thanks a bunch!

Deb

If it's at all possible, I would move. You are at the aft end of a tender, which has the raised seating area on top of it as you are looking forward, and the davit with the 'block and tackle' of the davit looking aft. Quite a bit of obstruction there all the way around. :(

13583387684_b912f5fa65_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thanks Dave. Actually I will be on the Regal in 60 days and have those two rooms booked. Will let you know what we think of them upon our return :)

Looking forward to hearing from you. I've got a couple of those 'secret' Emerald Deck extended balconies in mind. ;)

The first two pictures were taken from a forward angle looking back at the ship. Your aft balcony divider will be in line with that first davit. It looks the view straight out/ahead towards the front should be OK, but remember that davit will be right at the balcony looking aft.

Very good pictures however I think dmwnc1959 meant to label them as cabins 438 and 440, not 238 and 240.

Edited by bluesea321

Very good pictures however I think dmwnc1959 meant to label them as cabins 438 and 440, not 238 and 240.

Yup, thanks for catching that labeling error.! :o :D

P.S. Been a long 'night' for me, been up since 6pm yesterday, and after a 12-hour shift, running errands and doing laundry this morning, and paying bills, I'm heading off to bed...

Edited by dmwnc1959

If it's at all possible, I would move. You are at the aft end of a tender, which has the raised seating area on top of it as you are looking forward, and the davit with the 'block and tackle' of the davit looking aft. Quite a bit of obstruction there all the way around. :(

13583387684_b912f5fa65_b.jpg

Here's E608

<a href=DSC_0113_zps17fb285c.jpg' alt='DSC_0113_

Kinda crappy IMHO

Ok.. How do you do this?..... know from the outside where the cabin is and then label it. Very neat!

Pretty simple actually. I use the Princess Cruises deck plan to count the number of cabins it is from a point of reference, and then use one of my pictures using that information to locate the balcony. I use Paint on the computer to transfer the picture and draw the arrow.

Edited by dmwnc1959

Dave loved your Royal thread & "Live" and following the Regal since we have booked it for this December. We also booked a balcony (E628) that says "Balcony door blocked when upper berth is in use." I know what that means but wondered, after looking at the photo you posted of E624, if there is anything else in front of the balcony?? I think I counted down right and it looks to be somewhat clear looking straight out. Any comments or photos appreciated - Thanks Dave!!

Andrea

~~~~~~~~