Viking Danube cruise update #2

tml1230

We stayed at the Marriott and walked to the ship with our wheelie luggage. There is one crossing near the ship where you'll probably have to carry your bags, but it is near the ship and when you get close, the crew helps with your bags. We're walkers and did one organized walk and the rest on our own, all on the Pest side.

Thank you, Aries and off2anywhere,

that's exactly the info we needed. We have booked the Marriott for our self post cruise and a couple of days with a guide. The guide will meet us at the boat and help us go across the road with our wheelies.

Thanks again.

My husband and I are looking to go on our 1st river cruise next summer. Not sure which is the better one. Have narrowed it down to Viking, AMA Waterways or Scenic cruises.

We know we want to do the Danube.

The info you have given is great. We are nervous since it is expensive in comparison to ocean cruising.

Please advise

My husband and I are looking to go on our 1st river cruise next summer. Not sure which is the better one. Have narrowed it down to Viking, AMA Waterways or Scenic cruises.

The info you have given is great. We are nervous since it is expensive in comparison to ocean cruising.

Please advise

Another option you might want to explore is Grand Circle Travel. They have excellent value for the money and the cruises we have taken with them were very enjoyable.

Please advise

You should start a new thread with this question, that way you will attract responses regarding all three lines you mention. Make sure the title includes the names of the lines.

In the meantime, here is a document Cruise Critic put together to help new river cruisers understand the personalities of the most popular lines:

http://pdf.cruisecritic.com/travel-guide/UltimateGuidetoRiverCruising.pdf?et_cid=1262487&et_rid=99616845

• 3 months later...