Norwegian Escape - Oct 29th 2015 - Inaugural transatlantic

Single Cruiser

My name is Dave from San Francisco, traveling solo, joining some friends on the ship. Spending some time in Paris and London before the cruise. First time on NCL and looking forward to the experience of a new cruise line (new to me!) and a new ship.

Hey David. I'm traveling with friends but am "solo" also. Mostly couples on TAs so I'm glad I'm not the only single. I think you will love NCL. It's become my favorite by a notch.

Sent from my L9 using Tapatalk

I just booked yesterday. My partner is sitting this one out. Crossings are not his thing. I'll be sailing with a friend from Phoenix. I'm from Miami.

I just got off the GETAWAY last Saturday and had a blast. The LGBT gatherings at 7pm in the Sunset Bar were well attended and I hope the same will be true of ESCAPE.

Looking forward to a fun group and meeting everyone onboard.

Ernie

Same here Ernie. I love the LGBT gathering. I've made friends for life on a few other TAs and had crazy fun.

Sent from my L9 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

This is Jonathan and Randy from Vancouver.

We decided to try out the Escape for our yearly TA a couple of hours ago - so other than a cabin we have no real plans yet.

Anyway - looking forward to meeting everyone :D

Cheerio

Jonathan

This is Alfred. Kevin and Stephen will be on to. With a crowd like us this going to be a blast!

Same here Ernie. I love the LGBT gathering. I've made friends for life on a few other TAs and had crazy fun.

The boys really seem to the love the TA's! I've met many life long friends on them. I've done TA's on Cunard, Royal Caribbean, NCL, Celebrity, and a couple other lines not with us anymore. There is always a great showing from the LGBT community.

I actually canceled this ESCAPE crossing but just rebooked and paid today so I'm back in the game! Booked a balcony guarantee so now my cabin is in the hands of NCL. Talk about living on the edge! LOL

I met several guys that will be on this crossing several months ago on the EPIC eastbound crossing. We had a blast!

Anyway I look forward to meeting you onboard along with everyone else!

Ernie

This is Alfred. Kevin and Stephen will be on to. With a crowd like us this going to be a blast!

Will be great seeing you again too!

I kind of feel like I am going on my first gay cruise :)

Jonathan

Looks like a great LGBT group in the works! It will be hard to top the group we had on the EPIC eastbound crossing earlier this year, but I'm keeping an open mind. ;)

There's far too much in-u-endo here....

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone in London precruise? I'll be there from 11/24 if anyone has recommendations or wants to get together for dinner.

Also, the word is out that upgrades are being offered by NCL

Can't wait for this cruise to start

Not doing London this time but hope you have a blast. Just spending one night in Southampton before the crossing.

• 2 weeks later...
Husband and I just booked this week. This will be our second TA but first inaugural cruise. Looking forward to the shiny new ship! We are late 40's from Fort Lauderdale together 19 years, married this past February.

Congratulations on your marriage and booking this cruise. Between this incredible ship and I'm guessing at least 100 LGBT, it has to be a blast.

It's good to book the 2 free shows on NCL website precruise. You can always change it later.

I'm part of 8 traveling together and there are over a dozen more that I've been on TAs with before. Looking forward to meeting you both

Husband and I just booked this week. This will be our second TA but first inaugural cruise. Looking forward to the shiny new ship! We are late 40's from Fort Lauderdale together 19 years, married this past February.

Hey guys welcome and congrats on the marriage and 19 years together! Also from Fort Lauderdale and also with my partner for 19 years. Going on 20 years in February and we are getting married on our 20th anniversary.

My partner wouldn't be caught dead on a transatlantic cruise so he won't be joining us. Instead I'm sailing with a great friend and some acquaintances met on previous cruises. See you onboard!

A lot of the cruisers who will be spending the night in Southampton will be gathering for drinks at The Duke of Wellington Pub. It's located right across from the pier.

Join us, everyone.

They serve dinner (pub food) but that gets a bit hectic. It's a small, old charming place. But it gets crowded when all of the cruisers visit.

We did this the night before The Breakaway's maiden crossing and had a great time. It really broke the ice. By the time we boarded we knew so many people and the whole crossing was one fantastic party.

Sadly, I'll not be getting into Southampton until a bit before noonish on the day we leave. Cutting it a bit close, but no worse than my last couple of cruises.

I'm looking forward to meeting people onboard! 43 more days to go.... Fewer for some, admittedly. I'm envious, SingleCruiser. :)