Anyone ever borrowed a pack n play crib on board?

We will be on freedom in may and wanting to hear your experiences with borrowing a pack n play crib on the ship? When we took our son on allure he was 8 months and we brought our own. This time we are cruising with him now 2.5 and our 15 month old daughter . 1 extra child means more stuff anyway and so I'm hoping to not bring ours! Are they in good condition and clean?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by obsessedsc

We just borrowed one on the Liberty in January. Good condition and clean. I would bring a soft blanket and fitted sheet from home to make a 'mattress.' There's no crib mattress in there and it's a little hard. I have photos in my review. The link is in my signature.

You do have to request them so they make sure there are enough on board. Not that I think it is an issue but I would not want to be inboard and find out its a cruise with a ton on little ones and no PNP's left. But defiantly bring your own fitted sheet and if your LO uses a pillow bring a pillowcase. Our sons face broke out from the harsh chemicals they use to launder their linens.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have never had to request a pack n play.

I sail on many cruises and book them for many families. When a booking is made with a child under 3, the reservation system will automatically note that a crib is required in the cabin. I have never submitted a request to Royal for a crib and it always appears on the confirmation a few days after the deposit is placed.

I do agree with bringing your own sheets and such. The smell of home will definitely help the little on be more at ease. Good luck :)

Edited by smileyperry

We will be on freedom in may and wanting to hear your experiences with borrowing a pack n play crib on the ship? When we took our son on allure he was 8 months and we brought our own. This time we are cruising with him now 2.5 and our 15 month old daughter . 1 extra child means more stuff anyway and so I'm hoping to not bring ours! Are they in good condition and clean?

Thanks!

We have requested a PNP crib twice when my grandson was 6 mo & 18mo. On both occassions we let RCCL know in advance we wanted to reserve one and have it set up upon arrival as well as a high chair for dinner. The crib was in excellent condition and very clean. We brought our own linen for several changes incase of accidents and a few favorite toys to make it more like home. His favorite bedtime music was the best:D

We requested one when we sailed on Oasis and it was great. Condition was near new and very clean, although we brought our own sheets and pillow both to make it more comfy and also so it would be something he is used to.