Independence of the Seas - Review

Is there a place near the pool that you can at least get burgers' date=' hot dogs and fries? That might be a celebrity thing..[/quote']

That is one thing lacking on RCI - options for casual dining for lunch. There was a Squeeze Bar that serves smoothies by the H2O Zone and they had hot dogs I recall. You can get burgers and fries in the windjammer and bring it out to the pool.

That is one thing lacking on RCI - options for casual dining for lunch. There was a Squeeze Bar that serves smoothies by the H2O Zone and they had hot dogs I recall. You can get burgers and fries in the windjammer and bring it out to the pool.

Thx, sorry to hear that but it's not that big a deal.

You are awesome for posting all those Compass'. And readable too! Thx again.

Oh, those aren't just any hot dogs!! The buns are these amazing crusty rolls...one plain, the other with asiago cheese. And they are sausages, brats and hot dogs that are AMAZING! I found this out on day 4 of my 8 nighter on the Indy in feb! Became an afternoon staple. The hours are posted, as they are peculiar hours. But definitely check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We noticed the lounge chair police out in full effect on the Indy. The monitor would watch and if your stuff was on a chair for more than 30 minutes a crew member would take your stuff to the towel stand and leave a note for you. Needless to say we never had a hard time finding a chair . Apparently this is enforced in the theatre too. However we noticed a lady saving 6 seats at the ice show and half of her party never showed up. She was so nasty. How hard is it to have your party walk in together?

I never saw a single thing removed from chairs around the pool on our sailing a couple of weeks ago. Nice to hear they are monitoring it now.

As for saving seats in the theatre.. We constantly had to do this....why you ask? Well it turns out that we had to drop our kids off in the kids program. If we went up together to do this, waited in line, and then got to the theatre, we could not get seats together any more. We had 3 families traveling together with a total of 11 children, so for all of the adults to drop the kids and then go and try to find seats for the 6 parents and 2 grand parents together, it would have been impossible. Holding seats was the only way possible.

The other issue I had with saving seats for shows occurred when we entered the theatre 45 minutes before the show to get good seats. We did so, but two of the ladies had to go use the washroom while waiting for the show to start. When they did so, we had another couple come and plop themselves into the two empty seats. When we told them that our wives were in the washroom, they tried to tell us that we could not save the seats for them. I know people get upset with some of us saving seats at times, but often there are reasons people do this (like the 2 I listed above)

Wow, great job with your review.we were on this cruise with you. If you saw a bald guy with a rc t-shirt ,with song of america and the ports,that was me. That shirt is original 23 years old song of america cruise. Yes, cruise was great,great food,wonderful friendly staff. Dw and i were honored to have dinner with capt remo and his lovely wife. This was our 3rd time on indy.we love the ice show. Saw it twice again this cruise.frankly,we have sailed on rc 75 times.this might of been our best cruise yet.

Blueboy, when we left the ship we walked across the street to the blue canopy. Park-n-go van was right there waiting,, great fast service, the van took us back to lot and dropped us off at our van .

We used Park-n-go as well. Their rates were good and it only took about 15 minutes for a shuttle to pick us up to take us back to get our vehicle after the cruise.

One thing to mention. My van had lots and lots of small white dots on it (both on the glass and on the metal). I just thought it to be dirt, but after getting it washed, the dots are still there. It turns out that those dots are PAINT splatters. I do not know where they parked my vehicle for the week I was gone, but wherever it was parked, someone was painting nearby. I have managed to scrap of many of the paint dots with the edge of a credit card, but still have about a hundred more to get off. It has not wrecked the vehicle, but it leaves me questioning where they parked it where white paint would have been splattered all over it (very small fine dots).