Tahitian Princess "Wine Package" with dinner??

twoontheisle

We are booked for Feb 18th, 2006 and due to the fact there is NO FRIDGE in our balcony stateroom, we are at least hoping Princess offers a "Wine package" with dinner, like Royal Caribbean does. I've not read word one about this topic. Any information available? Concerning the lack of "Fridge" I am thinking of using a collapsable roll-on cooler as one of my pieces of luggage. Do you think the room attnedant will have a coronary if I ask for some ice to chill some of those swell local beers?

Thanks for all of the great reviews everyone-

Steven

I just returned from the TP, stayed in a MiniSuite, but I heard they had put small refrigerators in the closets of the balcony rooms at the last drydock. I'm not positive, so you might want to confirm with the "Princess Board," but I think I'm right.

In the subject of local beers, you might want to pick up some Hinano's at the airport or marche, 'cause the ship doesn't serve them onboard. Bummer, had to drink them onland! Ice buckets are really small, so a collapsible cooler might be a good idea.

I don't believe that you will be offered a wine package. they do, however, have a great wine list! and the prices are reasonable too. we have taken lots of wine with us in the past, but we won't take more than we need for our pre and post cruise stay this next time. well, probably some for sharing on the balcony, but not for dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Nancy-GREAT review, really enjoyed reading it all. Did you personally have a balcony room NON-SUITE that you know about the fridges in the closets. I don't doubt you, but the less-than-informative 800 Princess person said that none of the balcony rooms (except the mini-suites) have a fridge in them. I think she may have just been relaying old information, as she wasn't even aware it went into dry-dock. Either way.....my roll-on collapsable cooler is going with me as it's easy to throw things into.

Steven

P.S. If anyone reading this might happen to be in room BA6093 Aft-ship would you share your information on the rear-balconies? Thanks

Nancy-GREAT review, really enjoyed reading it all. Did you personally have a balcony room NON-SUITE that you know about the fridges in the closets. I don't doubt you, but the less-than-informative 800 Princess person said that none of the balcony rooms (except the mini-suites) have a fridge in them. I think she may have just been relaying old information, as she wasn't even aware it went into dry-dock. Either way.....my roll-on collapsable cooler is going with me as it's easy to throw things into.

Steven

P.S. If anyone reading this might happen to be in room BA6093 Aft-ship would you share your information on the rear-balconies? Thanks

Fridges were JUST added in dry dock during the spring to balcony rooms..this has been all over CC and some recently returning pax have confirmed that they are now also in balcony rooms. Looks like we lose some closet space for them..and not sure how big they are..

For this far of a travel..for us..too much to haul heavy drinks with us in luggage and such..but nice to have them in the rooms if we want a cold drink nearby.

Whew...OK I'm satisfied. Someone should probably let the people at the Princess 800 line know that information. Isn't the internet wonderful? So much information, so little time. Now if I could just find some OTHER people on my cruise I'd be all set.

Thanks Patty!

Steven

We had a regular balcony room in June, and we had a refrigerator (which is now where the safe used to be). The safe has been moved to a shelf under the TV.

I don't believe that Princess offers wine packages as they do on RCCL ---- at least we've never seen one offered.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived