Wine Question...

Cruise Fanatic

I understand the one bottle of wine (750ml) that each passenger may bring on board.

I enjoy a glass of "spumante" while enjoying the balcony. Since I hate to open a standard bottle of wine I buy the "splits" 187ml. Now my question.

Will I be allowed to bring 4 "splits" aboard as my one bottle of wine? 187x4 = 748

You can actually bring as much wine as you'd like onboard. However any bottles over the "allowed" one bottle per person will be registered and you will be charged a $15 corkage on each. Then you will be able to take those to drink in dining rooms.

Not sure what they would do with small bottles. I have never seen it here or at embarkation. Most people want to bring in LARGER bottles or boxes. GOOD QUESTION!

Edited by eandj

I also bring the small bottles (187ml) of wine instead of the regular size bottles of 750ml. So far, when they are in my suitcase I have never been questioned. I also like the idea that they fit into the refrigerator easier.

I pack them near my toiletries and I think that they are just overlooked.

For my cruise in a few weeks, I will try to take 8 small bottles (4 each for husband and myself). That would be equal to 2 big bottles. We'll see what, if anything, is said.