Question: Travel Insurance for back-to back cruises (different ships)

The family and I will be getting off one ship and that same day boarding a different ship/different cruise line. Heard that is called a non-traditional back-to-back cruise. Anyway, names aside, is it best to get travel insurance for each cruise individually or combine the two? Is there anything to look out for? Thanks!

The family and I will be getting off one ship and that same day boarding a different ship/different cruise line. Heard that is called a non-traditional back-to-back cruise. Anyway, names aside, is it best to get travel insurance for each cruise individually or combine the two? Is there anything to look out for? Thanks!

To my knowledge, if you purchase 3rd party (from other than the cruise line) travel insurance, you just tell them the dates of the entire trip and the cost of the entire trip. We've done many B2B (and B2B2B) cruises, and always had only one policy for the entire trip.

A lot of things factor in here and look at it both ways. There is no one size fits all answer.

I would call & talk with the folks at https://www.squaremouth.com/ or http://www.insuremytrip.com/

I agree with this. They are both very responsive and helpful. I have used both with no complaints.

One thing to think about with some policies is they will only pay for one delay, so theoretically if both cruises were delayed for some reason, you may have trouble getting both claims.

Otherwise, it really is based upon the date you leave from and return home.

I would get one policy. The changeover day is the day you need coverage in case the ship is delayed and you don't really want to have overlapping policies. You'd also be paying for that one day twice.

Also, 1 longer policy is probably cheaper than 2 shorter ones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just did back to back cruises on different ships out of San Juan. I called around asking about this insurance question. In the end, the answer was, "one policy" covering the entire length of our trip. Now I have to make a claim because of Southwest Air losing our luggage for 2 days. Hope TinLeg pays up.