Allure and st Thomas question

If anyone can help that would be great. It shows we are to arrive in st Thomas @ 10:00 for our June cruise. When I go in to book the turtle swim excursion it shows that it leaves at 9:30. Why is it letting book this time? Is it because of the difference in ship and island time? If anybody took this excursion your answers would be very useful. I just don't want to sign up and find out it already left before we even got to the island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If anyone can help that would be great. It shows we are to arrive in st Thomas @ 10:00 for our June cruise. When I go in to book the turtle swim excursion it shows that it leaves at 9:30. Why is it letting book this time? Is it because of the difference in ship and island time? If anybody took this excursion your answers would be very useful. I just don't want to sign up and find out it already left before we even got to the island.

Hi Jason,

Was in St. Thomas last year on the Oasis of the Seas. The excursions go by Ship time, is your excursion at Coral World?

Wendy

This is a turtle cove swim excursion through the ship. Just curious why they would sell an excursion 30 minutes before the ship was scheduled to arrive. Really want to take my kid on this!

This is a turtle cove swim excursion through the ship. Just curious why they would sell an excursion 30 minutes before the ship was scheduled to arrive. Really want to take my kid on this!

Hi Jason,

That is very strange about the time does not make any sense, I would call them about that. Also another side note just in case it happens to you. Make sure you can get a number to call the ship directly if you have any trouble. Last November we had booked an excursion to go to Coral World and the driver was told to pick us back on ship time, but he never came to pick us up and left about 15 of us stranded. There was a gentleman coordinating the Taxi's and there was one left so I went up to him and told him our driver forgot to pick us up, so he called the driver,but he never answered the phone. So the last Taxi driver asked what ship we had to get to so I told him and said he would bring us back but he just needed to drop his only passenger back to the Carnival Dream. When I got back to the ship I told someone right away about.

So i was looking at other excursion for the allure on St thomas day and there are a few that start at 9:30 even though the ship does not make it to port until 10:00. I'm really thinking now that even though the ship gets in at 10:00 ship time it really is 9:00 island time. Has anyone done one of theses early excursions?