Radiance and Solstice

Just noticed that the Radiance and the Solstice are both in Sydney on the same day in January 2015 so excuse my ignorance but where do they both berth?

Hi Chester

What date are you referring to? :confused: :confused:

I checked the Sydney Port Authority web site and cannot find any date in Jan-Mar 2015 where there is a conflict for the OPT for any ship. Certainly I cannot see where Radiance and Solstice are in town the same day.

There is an issue for Solstice in December. She arrives in Sydney on the 21st (sadly I will be disembarking from her) and will be staying overnight. The schedule also has Celebrity Century coming in on Dec22 and so Solstice will be "punted off" to the Athol Buoy. Not sure if passengers will be all that excited about that.

cheers

There is an issue for Solstice in December. She arrives in Sydney on the 21st (sadly I will be disembarking from her) and will be staying overnight. The schedule also has Celebrity Century coming in on Dec22 and so Solstice will be "punted off" to the Athol Buoy. Not sure if passengers will be all that excited about that.

cheers

Sadly, I will be getting off the Century on the 22nd. :)

Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about Sydney, but will the Century go under the bridge as it comes into Port? Also, will the ship put me in a position to take some good pics of the Opera House as I leave and return?

Hi Chester

What date are you referring to? :confused: :confused:

I checked the Sydney Port Authority web site and cannot find any date in Jan-Mar 2015 where there is a conflict for the OPT for any ship. Certainly I cannot see where Radiance and Solstice are in town the same day.

There is an issue for Solstice in December. She arrives in Sydney on the 21st (sadly I will be disembarking from her) and will be staying overnight. The schedule also has Celebrity Century coming in on Dec22 and so Solstice will be "punted off" to the Athol Buoy. Not sure if passengers will be all that excited about that

cheers

Opps sorry about that I didn't read the departure points correctly Solstice will leaving Auckland on the 4th Jan and Radiance from Sydney on the 4th Jan:o

Hope you have great cruise in Dec does Disembarking at Athol Buoy mean you are tendered off and if so where too?

Sadly, I will be getting off the Century on the 22nd. :)

Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about Sydney, but will the Century go under the bridge as it comes into Port? Also, will the ship put me in a position to take some good pics of the Opera House as I leave and return?

Hi Oskar

The Century is scheduled to dock at the OPT for all its cruises so it will not pass under the bridge. Its actually a bit smaller tonnage wise than the Sun Class Princess ships and they all go to White Bay when in town...and to get to that area they pass under the bridge. Not sure why the Century therefore docks at the OPT...might have something to do with height of the superstructure.

The OPT is in a magnificent position, right besides the approaches to the bridge and directly across from the Opera House. You will have plenty of fantastic photo opportunities from up on deck....especially on sailaway. Arrival will be early morning so it will be up to you whether to get up for it... unless of course you have a balcony on the Port Side.

cheers

Hi Oskar

The Century is scheduled to dock at the OPT for all its cruises so it will not pass under the bridge. Its actually a bit smaller tonnage wise than the Sun Class Princess ships and they all go to White Bay when in town...and to get to that area they pass under the bridge. Not sure why the Century therefore docks at the OPT...might have something to do with height of the superstructure.

The OPT is in a magnificent position, right besides the approaches to the bridge and directly across from the Opera House. You will have plenty of fantastic photo opportunities from up on deck....especially on sailaway. Arrival will be early morning so it will be up to you whether to get up for it... unless of course you have a balcony on the Port Side.

cheers

there should be no reason why the Century cant go under the harbour bridge and dock at White Bay as its smaller than the 3 sun class princess ships

there should be no reason why the Century cant go under the harbour bridge and dock at White Bay as its smaller than the 3 sun class princess ships

Actually, the info I can find is that Century is 5-6m higher as Flipper suggested, which would be a good reason that it can't go under the Harbour Bridge.

Actually, the info I can find is that Century is 5-6m higher as Flipper suggested, which would be a good reason that it can't go under the Harbour Bridge.

to see if the ships go under the harbour bridge do they take the beam and length if so the Century is 105 beam and 815ft length where as the Oosterdam has a beam of 106 and length of 951 and that can berth at White Bay

to see if the ships go under the harbour bridge do they take the beam and length if so the Century is 105 beam and 815ft length where as the Oosterdam has a beam of 106 and length of 951 and that can berth at White Bay

It is a height issue not length or width as already posted.:D