Norwegian Epic Spa - pool/jacuzzi/couples pass?

WouterC

Anyone with first hand experience of the NCL Epic Spa?

I've seen the NCL Epic Spa been mentioned a number of times in various threads, but there seems to be conflicting information:

- some people say it's $199 in total for a couples pass

- other people say it's $199 per person for a couples pass

Also, how much of the Spa space is for 'water' activities and sauna? I mean things like swimming pool, jacuzzi, infrared cabin/seats, swedish sauna... ?

I also saw there were lounge chairs with picture windows looking out of the ship?

We love jacuzzi's, but in our experience so does the rest of the ship. It might be nice to have a quiet place to go to when the jacuzzi's on the pool deck are all occupied.

$199 per couple doesn't sound that bad. $199 per person does seem like a lot.

Still trying to decide if it's worth for us getting the pass.

Anyone with first hand experience of the NCL Epic Spa?

I've seen the NCL Epic Spa been mentioned a number of times in various threads, but there seems to be conflicting information:

- some people say it's $199 in total for a couples pass

- other people say it's $199 per person for a couples pass

Also, how much of the Spa space is for 'water' activities and sauna? I mean things like swimming pool, jacuzzi, infrared cabin/seats, swedish sauna... ?

I also saw there were lounge chairs with picture windows looking out of the ship?

We love jacuzzi's, but in our experience so does the rest of the ship. It might be nice to have a quiet place to go to when the jacuzzi's on the pool deck are all occupied.

$199 per couple doesn't sound that bad. $199 per person does seem like a lot.

Still trying to decide if it's worth for us getting the pass.

The spa is $199 per person. They do not sell a couples pass. There is no swimming pool. There is an area overlooking the back of the boat that has about 6 loungers with 2 beds on either side. Great place to relax and listen to the waves.

If you hate crowds, get the spa pass. The pool deck is mass chaos with people everywhere.

It is a nice spa, but $200 is a lot of money.

The spa is $199 per person. They do not sell a couples pass. There is no swimming pool. There is an area overlooking the back of the boat that has about 6 loungers with 2 beds on either side. Great place to relax and listen to the waves.

If you hate crowds, get the spa pass. The pool deck is mass chaos with people everywhere.

It is a nice spa, but $200 is a lot of money.

Thanks for the reply. There are jacuzzi's in the spa, yes?

Was there always room on the loungers, or were they often all occupied as well?

$200 is a lot of money for sure. Was thinking about getting a spa pass, but perhaps we'll see if we can get a Posh pass instead. If they sell them because we're going mid July so the ship will probably be packed...

All in all, it seems better value for money...

The confusion comes from there used to be a couples pass for $199. But they did away with that and now sell only single week passes for $199. So the price doubled but the spa STILL sells out of the passes. The Epic still has the LARGEST spa at sea. Definitely worth it if you use it at least 4 times. They have fantastic saunas with ocean views. They also have a good steam room, whirlpool, therapy pool, etc.

The aft view also has heated loungers, etc.

Did both spa and Posh on January cruise. Two different animals.

Posh is semi-private sunning area with a bar. They only sell about 20 passes to non-suite guests, so you have to board early and hustle to guest service to purchase. Posh does not have hot tubs or pool.

The spa pass is pricey at $199, but it is quiet and usually not packed except on the last sea day for some reason. Guess people suddenly remember they have it. Spa has a large "water park" area which consists of a hot tub and several different types of water therapy.

We were able to take advantage of the outside loungers on a couple of ocassions. The heated loungers are also very nice.

Thanks for the reply. There are jacuzzi's in the spa, yes?

Was there always room on the loungers, or were they often all occupied as well?

$200 is a lot of money for sure. Was thinking about getting a spa pass, but perhaps we'll see if we can get a Posh pass instead. If they sell them because we're going mid July so the ship will probably be packed...

All in all, it seems better value for money...

Hi Wouter, are you also from the Netherlands or Belgium?

We are on a transatlantic cruise with the Epic this April.

I've asked NCL directly about the spa prices.

It is indeed 199 usd for a week for 1 person...

We"ll take a look on the first day to see if we think it is worth it.

Although it is the largest spa at sea, it is definitely not comparable in size and amenities when comparing to a land-bases sauna complex like Elysium, Zwaluwhoeve in NL or the spas/thermen in Germany, Austria Etc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Hi Sheila,

Yes, I'm from Belgium and my wife is from the Netherlands.

Please let us know what you find out!

We love the land-based 'welness / spa' complexes like the ones you describe. We regularly go down to these places to relax. I was hoping the Epic Spa would offer something similar. I do find it very cool that there are apparently glass windows with views on the ocean in a number of places (my wife would love that sauna, I think). But as for a spa, jacuzzi & swimming pool are still our favorites.

Hi Wouter, are you also from the Netherlands or Belgium?

We are on a transatlantic cruise with the Epic this April.

I've asked NCL directly about the spa prices.

It is indeed 199 usd for a week for 1 person...

We"ll take a look on the first day to see if we think it is worth it.

Although it is the largest spa at sea, it is definitely not comparable in size and amenities when comparing to a land-bases sauna complex like Elysium, Zwaluwhoeve in NL or the spas/thermen in Germany, Austria Etc.

Edited by WouterC

$199 per person for one week? That's a lot... As I am taking the transatlantic at the end of this year I was wondering if it will be $398 for two weeks per person as that would be a lot of money... Can't remember the spa being this expensive on the jade last year.

$199 per person for one week? That's a lot... As I am taking the transatlantic at the end of this year I was wondering if it will be $398 for two weeks per person as that would be a lot of money... Can't remember the spa being this expensive on the jade last year.

The new ships, Epic, BA, GA have really jacked up the spa prices. A bit cheaper on the Jewel and Dawn class ships.

• 1 month later...
In about 3 weeks time we'll know.

I will post my opinion then.

Hi Sheila, I'm very curious to know if you enjoyed the Spa.

Especially since we tried to rebook to a B9 spa balcony cabin, but NCL wouldn't allow it. I'm guessing because we already got an upgrade, because it was too close to final payment, or because the category was simply sold out - even though the reservations systems seems to indicate otherwise.

So now we are looking at spending $199 per person on a weekly pass, so I'd like to hear if you enjoyed it and used it a lot.

Wouter

The EPIC spa is no comparison to the European spas at all.(My favorite being Marienbad in Switzerland). However, there are single sex saunas in the dressing rooms, as well as co-ed saunas in the main spa area. You will also have a eucalyptus steam room in the dressing areas.

The pool is small, and there are two hot tubs and a massage shower in the middle of the pool.

Padded loungers in the main seating area, heated tile loungers looking out to the aft balcony, and then more padded loungers outside on the aft balcony. I sat out there most of the day as I had a foot cast and wasn't supposed to walk much.

IMG_0035-1.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg