Waterparks and Pools

lucigo

Where is the best place to go to see the different waterparks and pools available on each ship? Carnival's site doesn't do a very good job of showing you what is on each individual ship.

I don't know of any website that has that, but I can tell you what I know.

Fantasy class (except Elation & Paradise): 1 large pool midship, 1 large waterslide, kiddie slides, & a few Waterworks features at the back of the ship.

Elation & Paradise: 2 pools: midship & aft. The aft pool on deck 11 is small. Half of the midship pool is the landing area for their old-style waterslide. No waterworks.

Spirit class: 3 pools, 2 midship, 1 aft. I don't know the status of the Green Thunder waterslide, what ships have it & which ones don't. I know that Sprit does. For those that don't, there will be 1 large waterslide in the aft; not Waterworks, so it uses saltwater.

Triumph class, Conquest class, Splendor: 3 pools, 2 around midship, 1 aft. 1 large open waterslide (figure-8 pattern) in the midship-to-forward area, but no Waterworks. Slide uses saltwater.

Sunshine: 1 pool midship, plus a small wading pool in serenity. 3 large waterslides (2 are identical), plus other waterworks features in the aft.

Dream: 2 pools midship & aft. 2 large waterslides (Twister & Drainpipe), 1-story racer slides, kiddie slides, a few other random waterworks features. midship-to-forward.

Magic & Breeze: 2 pools midship & aft. 2 large waterslides (Twister & Drainpipe; Twister is a different pattern compared to Dream), kiddie slides, full splash factory structure, dump bucket. midship-to-forward.

Edited by k2excursion

Where is the best place to go to see the different waterparks and pools available on each ship? Carnival's site doesn't do a very good job of showing you what is on each individual ship.

What age are your children? We have been on 8 ships with water slides. Some are better than others based on age - in my opinion. Our DD is 9 and a waterpark is now a must for our future sailings. She spends so much time on the slides with "new" friends each cruise. We can slide with her and then just relax in a chair and watch for hours. Waterslides are the best addition to cruise ships for families with kids.

Pool on Fantasy class ships except the Elation and Paradise, (I think)

IMG_0013.jpg

Waterworks on the same ships:

IMG_0043.jpg

Slide on the Conquest and Triumph Classes:

IMGP5854.jpg

Pool and slide on Elation:

CruiseandThanksgiving2011020.jpg

Waterworks on Dream Class:

IMG_0286.jpg

Check out this spreadsheet on this website.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/content/pdf/FunShipFeatures.ashx

Thanks for that link. Very informative!!! I didn't know something like that existed anywhere. Some small updates need to be made because of this year's drydocks, and the burrito bar & Blue Iguana cantina both being shown on the same ship needs to be corrected. But for the most part, this is a great spreadsheet. I didn't know that a few of the Fantasy class ships with Waterworks didn't get the kiddie slides.

I think this is a website TA's or maybe Carnival employees use to help customers, but it does have a lot of good information about the ships. I can see how people can tell you the wrong things though, if it is not updated.

Thank you so much!! I'm not even sure exactly what we are looking for, just want to explore the different options. My son won't do water slides. We honestly miss the days of a small pool in a quiet area on the back of the ship. Those are now gone in favor of a serenity area for adults.

But we have that in our back yard so its all good :)

Thank you so much!! I'm not even sure exactly what we are looking for, just want to explore the different options. My son won't do water slides. We honestly miss the days of a small pool in a quiet area on the back of the ship. Those are now gone in favor of a serenity area for adults.

But we have that in our back yard so its all good :)

On Dream class ships, they have a pool which is open for everyone, including kids. The pool isn't small, and there are plenty of people out there, but it is a peaceful quieter place where families can hang out. At the back edge, you've got a great view of the wake of the ship.

Also, the Paradise & Elation still have that small pool in the back of the ship above lido deck. The Waterworks replaced this on the other Fantasy class ships. Most of the adults only serenity areas are closer to the front of the ship on the larger ships. Although, the ships that have 3 pools seem to designate that aft pool area for adults only.

Edited by k2excursion

There is a thread on page 5 as of now. Its call "carnival comparison spreed sheet" It will let you compare ship at a glance. Someone took some time and make it. Tell which have water parks or just pools.

May be of help to you.

Edited by nstraveller

On Dream class ships, they have a pool which is open for everyone, including kids. The pool isn't small, and there are plenty of people out there, but it is a peaceful quieter place where families can hang out. At the back edge, you've got a great view of the wake of the ship.

Also, the Paradise & Elation still have that small pool in the back of the ship above lido deck. The Waterworks replaced this on the other Fantasy class ships. Most of the adults only serenity areas are closer to the front of the ship on the larger ships. Although, the ships that have 3 pools seem to designate that aft pool area for adults only.

Going to check out Dream class, this sounds very nice! We were on the Paradise last year and enjoyed it also. The lido pool area is just too loud for us.