Freedom of the seas internet

We will be sailing on FOS next week and was wondering if there are certain areas on the ship that have internet connection or can I use my iPad in my room. To connect to the internet. Also does anyone know if the unlimited internet package is available on FOS?

We will be sailing on FOS next week and was wondering if there are certain areas on the ship that have internet connection or can I use my iPad in my room. To connect to the internet. Also does anyone know if the unlimited internet package is available on FOS?
Pervasive internet has been implemented on FR.

I believe Freedom is still on the per minute internet plan.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Freedom- They are not on the per minute plan. You could not buy minutes. You could only buy one hour, one day, or unlimited plans. The cost range was $30-$230.

Tip- If you just need to check in with your airline or something, wait until the last night. They do a special for 30 minutes for $10 and you can use your Crown & Anchor and get the discount. I got 15% off with my discount. So I ended up with 30 minutes for $8.50.

Just back from Freedom- They are not on the per minute plan. You could not buy minutes. You could only buy one hour, one day, or unlimited plans. The cost range was $30-$230.

Tip- If you just need to check in with your airline or something, wait until the last night. They do a special for 30 minutes for $10 and you can use your Crown & Anchor and get the discount. I got 15% off with my discount. So I ended up with 30 minutes for $8.50.

So the one-hour plan was not 60 minutes you could use anytime during the cruise?

So the one-hour plan was not 60 minutes you could use anytime during the cruise?

The one hour plan could be used any time during the cruise. I just meant you could no longer pay by the minute as in 5 minutes or something like that. You had to buy the 1 hour plan, nothing less was offered.

The one hour plan could be used any time during the cruise. I just meant you could no longer pay by the minute as in 5 minutes or something like that. You had to buy the 1 hour plan, nothing less was offered.

OK, thanks, I get it now.

Although not fast we had a good signal everywhere including our cabin on deck 7. Also received a 15% (emerald). Just go to the internet area on deck 8 aft. Swipe your sea pass card and it will show the plans and if you have a discount they will ask if you want to apply it. They were also giving out free 30 minutes like candy at the meet and mingle drawings. When you initially set it up you will create a user name and password. We had multiple devices so took turns logging on and off. They have a super duper multiple device plan $$$$.