My Time Dining on Grandeur

I know the "rules" for MTD change based on each ship and the staff onboard. Can someone tell me what the latest practice is on Grandeur?

Can you reserve the same table every night with the same waitstaff? Is this something we should do ahead of time?

Can you reserve the first night in advance as well?

My cruise is coming up in a few weeks, so I don't know all of the answers to your questions, but I was able to reserve a time on the Grandeur the first night. We are doing My Time Dining, and I wanted to reserve some nights, but leave others open to do as we decide that day.

I can't speak for the Grandeur, but on all other RCCL ships we pre-book MTD reservations online for the same time (7:45pm) each night, including the first night. We have always had the same wait staff the entire cruise.

Yes to both questions. You can pre-reserve any night - including the first night - and request the same table and wait staff for each night.

You can also leave any night unreserved or change the reservations on board each day as needed.

And in our experience this has not varied on different ships - MTD has worked the same as described for us on each ship we've selected it. Grandeur was no different from the others.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Got off the Grandeur this past Saturday.

We did MTD and had the same waitstaff the entire cruise. They were outstanding.

I do recommend making reservations instead of showing up, and they highly recommended calling ahead. Less chance of having to wait for a table. We made reservations earlier in the day for that same evening, never had a wait!!

I was also just on the 3/28 sailing on Grandeur and had MTD. We made a reservation the first day for around 715 no problem (4 people). We then made a new reservation every afternoon for that evening, almost always in person. the maitre d' would usually make a recommendation for us (usually with 15-20 min before or after the time we asked for) depending on the nights activities. We were seated in the same "section" each night; one night we asked to be seated with other people, but were told that in order to do that, we'd have to be moved. We decided to stay loyal to our servers; not because we didn't trust the others, we just enjoyed the ones we had that much and had a lot of great conversations with them :p