Century Moving to Europe again

Luckyroot

Received an email today from my TA that our 4/6/06 sailing of the Century in the Caribbean has been cancelled. X is moving Century back to Europe, with the last Caribbean sailing being 2/18/06.

My TA said they'll protect my rate if I move it to another date, and give me $100 onboard credit, but the earlier sailings are actually cheaper, so I don't really think they're giving me much compensation. :mad:

Has this happened to others before, and am I being unrealistic to think they could do better?

Ruth - That EXACT same thing happened to me this April on Century. I think the offer was the same as well. We ended up having to cancel because of my foot injury, but I thought the offer was just ok, the credit was only good on other Caribbean sailings and we wanted to switch to a Bermuda cruise. It was better than nothing though. This far out I don't think they have to offer any compensation. It's just extremely irritating when you're looking forward to a particular cruise and they cancel it.

Terri

Received an email today from my TA that our 4/6/06 sailing of the Century in the Caribbean has been cancelled. X is moving Century back to Europe, with the last Caribbean sailing being 2/18/06.

Hi Ruth !

Actually, that is NOT quite the case. While Century will be going back to Europe, she is not going to Europe any earlier than had been scheduled. What they did, was cancel some 9 & 10 night sailings (including yours), and replace them with 7 night Western Caribbean sailings.

Century has added (4) 7 night Western Caribbean sailings starting on 3/19/06. There will also be sailings on 4/2/06 and 4/9/06, so maybe you can try to get on one of those sailings instead.

I dont have any idea why your TA didnt do his or her homework. They should have told you this.

As for how much you should be compensated, I suspect Celebrity did not feel they had to do too much, as this sailing date is a long time from now. I am certainly not saying this is right or wrong, but I am sure that is why you may not be happy with their offer.

I hope everything works out well for you.

I would definitely want a 9 or 10 day sailing over a 7 day. Just not long enough

Hi MortgageChick !

I agree with your comments. I would have preferred they kept the 9/10 night sailings, over the 7 night sailings. This probably ends yet another Cruise I would have taken on Century, as we were looking at doing a 9 night sailing in March of 2006.

I suspect this change had something to do with the Drydock that is coming up, right after this series of sailings.

Archived