When To Book Rhapsody Of The Seas April 2015 Cruise

I'm planning on making a booking for the last ROS Australia Cruise in April 2015 as it coincides with my daughters 18th birthday and my 20th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately we missed the earlybird sale, so any suggestion when we should book. I'm looking at 1 Oceanview and 1 Inside Cabin.

There's no definite time.

Prices are adjusted periodically based on demand. Although they have promotions at certain times, sales that actually reduce prices are irregular. The only way to find out is monitor and wait for a price that suits.

The similar trip for this year that is leaving around the same time, while not a last trip for Australia, looks like it just kept going up. I am not 100% sure about that as I am checking a site that tracks US$ prices.

If it is important to you, I think the price is not excessive at the moment, and may have even dropped after the last lot of sales in the US that finished start of April. I would be tempted to book. You may find if the prices drop that you can upgrade to a higher category for a similar price, but I haven't actually ever done that, so others may tell you how that does or does not happen in Aus. What US people talk about is not how it works for us.

Also, do you want cabins in a particular area, or close to each other? If so, then book where you want to be.

The next lot of cruises will be released towards the end of this month, so the prices could change around that time also. Change could be up or down....

I'm planning on making a booking for the last ROS Australia Cruise in April 2015 as it coincides with my daughters 18th birthday and my 20th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately we missed the earlybird sale, so any suggestion when we should book. I'm looking at 1 Oceanview and 1 Inside Cabin.

I think the fact that it is the last Australian cruise for Rhapsody, demand will be high, so I would not wait and providing the price at the moment is acceptable to you I would take it. There will be a lot of sentimental cruisers for this one.

I think the fact that it is the last Australian cruise for Rhapsody, demand will be high, so I would not wait and providing the price at the moment is acceptable to you I would take it. There will be a lot of sentimental cruisers for this one.

100% agree with this mate. It is likely that our last cruise on Rhapsody will be the 16 Sep 2014 Hawaii to Sydney cruise. We actually are bringing her all the way "home' from Seattle, going B2B2B - Seattle-Vancouver-Honolulu-Sydney.

I'd like to do the 6 Apr Qld cruise - the same as our 1st ever cruise - but not sure if we will be able to. Nevertheless I plan to be at the OPT on Apr17 to bid her goodbye as she leaves our shores. I know a lot of Rhapsody fans have already booked for that cruise.

Happy cruising.

I'd like to do the 6 Apr Qld cruise - the same as our 1st ever cruise - but not sure if we will be able to.

I've just returned from the last Rhapsody Qld cruise for the RCI 2013/2014 Australian summer season. The Loyalty Ambassador did speak about this same QLD cruise in 2015, which is to be marketed and sold as a Farewell Australia sort of cruise. So demand for a stateroom on this itinerary may well be ripe!

Booking very early or very late are generally the times that you are most likely to get a good deal, however I must agree with the general opinion on this cruise as it is Rhapsodys last cruise from Oz it is likely to book out fast. I would shop around now for the best deal I could find and grab it with both hands to ensure you don't miss out.Some of the current deals I have seen are quite reasonable.

My wife and I are already booked on this cruise.

Completed Cruises

Rhapsody Tasmania 06/01/11

Radiance Australia Top End 15/10/11

Voyager Australia and Asia 09/03/13

Radiance Australia and New Zealand 09/11/13

Up coming Cruises

Rhapsody South Pacific and Fiji 25/11/14

Rhapsody Sydney to Singapore 17/04/15

Edited by Trajim62
unfinished

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the BOGO deal on the RC website which includes this cruise.

The price actually works out cheaper than the earlybird deal so you can guess what I'm doing today!:p

Nice! Make sure you check around, the company website and some online Aus TA prices are different, and when you look at the company website you need to go into doing a booking to see the breakdown of the discount. Sounds like you probably already know that, but I noticed from some other threads on the RCI section here that people are finding the price structure a bit confusing.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just booked this cruise for my partner and I with the BOGO 50% off sale. Had no idea it was the last cruise she'll do out of Australia. I chose it because it was in the school holidays and I'm a teacher so it works perfectly. We booked a balcony cabin and it worked out to be about $1800 each. Just wondering if that's a decent price as I've noticed some people have said the base rate has been increased so the sale doesn't work out cheaper. This will be our first cruise so I'm clueless!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by winky81

1800 for 11 nights/person is an average and reasonable price for a Rhapsody balcony, especially over school holidays.

There aren't that many of those and above cabins left now, so I'll doubt they come cheaper.

Some of the cheaper grades (inside, oceanview) may become cheaper as there are more left, but if you wanted one of those you'd probably have booked it instead ;-)

Just saw the BOGO deal on the RC website which includes this cruise.

The price actually works out cheaper than the earlybird deal so you can guess what I'm doing today!:p

We had also booked earlier when on board the Voyager of the Seas, but saw this BOGOHO price was about $600 cheaper than we paid, so we also booked this price and then cancelled our original booking. :)