San Francisco hotel question

HMSDingy

We are cruising out of San Francisco in September 2014, and when I first started considering hotel rooms for a pre-cruise stay I looked at the Argonaut. We've stayed in the Argonaut before and love it, but I balked at the price (almost double what we paid several years before). One of our roll call members uses Priceline frequently, and was pretty sure she could identify a certain San Francisco hotel. She was correct in her hunch. So a number of us also used Priceline, and will be staying at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf for $85.00 per night.

The moral of the story is to check the roll call for your particular sailing.

How did identify that the hotel is the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf? How many stars?

Hi... sailing on Star Princess in November 2014. Looking at Courtyard Marriott Fisherman's Wharf. Looking at using Marriott points (40,000 pts) or $309. Has anyone stayed there? Please advise. Aloha, avlski

Hi... sailing on Star Princess in November 2014. Looking at Courtyard Marriott Fisherman's Wharf. Looking at using Marriott points (40,000 pts) or $309. Has anyone stayed there? Please advise. Aloha, avlski

]

I have not stayed there, but if you look at tripadvisor.com, that Marriott gets great reviews. Good San Francisco hotels go fast.;)

Staying in SF is outrageous! However, you can find really reasonable prices away from the city. Using BART and Muni are great and cheap ways to get around. Staying in a place on the other side of the bay and taking BART into the city will save you tons!

We've stayed there several times.

We stayed in San Francisco last Sept before our Panama Canal cruise. I found a good price at Columbus Motor Inn. Bus stopped right at the door. We walked to the water front several times. They have several sister hotels. Not fancy but reasonable and clean.