Carnival’s Parton to join MSC Cruises

samnewbie

MSC Cruises has appointed Carnival UK’s Janet Parton to the new role of head of sales for the UK and Ireland.

Parton will join MSC in early July and will have responsibility for the cruise line’s sales, distribution and trade strategy across the two markets.

She has spent seven years at Carnival and was most recently senior sales manager for trade business for P&O Cruises and Cunard.

Giles Hawke, MSC Cruises’ executive director UK, Ireland and Australia, said: “Janet is an excellent addition to our UK and Ireland leadership team and will be leading our sales organisation through a period of significant growth planned for the brand.”

Parton has been working in the travel industry for 16 years which includes being a shop manager for Thomas Cook.

“I am really excited about working with the MSC Cruises team and can’t wait to get started,” said Parton.

“The company has ambitious plans and a fantastic product that deserves to be known far and wide. My focus is increasing brand awareness by maximising our support to travel agents.”

I can't say I'm thrilled with this... I want to try MSC to get away from Carnival. I hope she doesn't bring some of Carnival's strategies to MSC because I could really do without being constantly pestered to buy this and buy that and go to bingo here and go to the fantastic jewelry sale there. I mean I love cruising but I hate that aspect of it...

Edited by kelkel2