2015 Brides!

I can't (we'll...I can) believe they changed your ships! I can sympathize with you ladies as I would be upset and angry as well. But, there is a bright side; you will still have an amazing wedding! I know that it is hard to not dwell on this MAJOR change, but don't let it consume you. Those are my words of wisdom.

We attended our last wedding of the season on Saturday. It was one that I, honestly, was not excited about attending. Since FI was in the wedding I actually referred to it as a wedding that we were "obligated to attend." It was at a golf course (both wedding and reception) with 2 hours between the wedding and ceremony so I got 9 holes in during cocktail hours. Call me rude; I don't care. But, to my surprise, we had a really good time! We also learned a lot about how we want our own wedding to go, and how we want our guests and attendants to feel. We found there was a huge lack of communication b/t the bride/groom and the wedding party. Long story short we don't want our guests and attendants to be stressed about our wedding. Particularly because they are on vacation. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox about that.

On today's to-do list:

Hotel rooms, book Old Towne Trolley, start a rough draft of an itinerary, update cabin assignment list (4 more passengers!), commit to a color scheme.

Speaking of colors - what are everyone's wedding colors?? Before we had decided on a cruise/beach wedding we were going with red and turquoise. We are still keeping turquoise as a main color, but I kind of like the looks of each of my gal pals wearing a different color. Thoughts?

Hi ladies,

I'm planning a shipboard wedding on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas on February 15 (hopefully!). I'm at a frustrating time with them since it seems like they cannot guarantee anything (date, time, venues, etc.). How is everyone else feeling? If anyone has any advice or other information to share, i'd love to hear it! Thank you!

Hi ladies,

I'm planning a shipboard wedding on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas on February 15 (hopefully!). I'm at a frustrating time with them since it seems like they cannot guarantee anything (date, time, venues, etc.). How is everyone else feeling? If anyone has any advice or other information to share, i'd love to hear it! Thank you!

I wonder what the issue is with at least a date. Carnival won't guarantee a location until right before the wedding but they will try if you request a certain venue.

They say it's because of not knowing what the cruise director is going to set. Apparently he sets the schedule 60 days prior. But everything i've read so far on these sites say they're pretty last minute/unorganized. I guess i'm just hoping for some good news :)

Hi ladies,

I so have been having same issue

I threatened going to Adam if they couldn't pick pace up and am finally being at least kept informed but can't also get anything firm and only a proposal

Good luck

Greg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How exciting! When's your wedding?

Not until April. Where I got the dress told me it could take upwards of 6 months before I can get the dress. It honestly only took 4. They called for me to schedule a try on...I can see that I'm going to probably need a few fittings because I'm not where I want to be weight wise. I ordered my size though so if I lose weight, it can just be taken in. 7 more months until the wedding!!

Not until April. Where I got the dress told me it could take upwards of 6 months before I can get the dress. It honestly only took 4. They called for me to schedule a try on...I can see that I'm going to probably need a few fittings because I'm not where I want to be weight wise. I ordered my size though so if I lose weight, it can just be taken in. 7 more months until the wedding!!

Haha how exciting! Yeah mine is in February so i'm still 5 months out. I started shopping early since it took my older sister like a year to find her dress. i found mine on the first day. And had to order it online since the store didn't have my size. I got it 4 days later :)

I can't (we'll...I can) believe they changed your ships! I can sympathize with you ladies as I would be upset and angry as well. But, there is a bright side; you will still have an amazing wedding! I know that it is hard to not dwell on this MAJOR change, but don't let it consume you. Those are my words of wisdom.

We attended our last wedding of the season on Saturday. It was one that I, honestly, was not excited about attending. Since FI was in the wedding I actually referred to it as a wedding that we were "obligated to attend." It was at a golf course (both wedding and reception) with 2 hours between the wedding and ceremony so I got 9 holes in during cocktail hours. Call me rude; I don't care. But, to my surprise, we had a really good time! We also learned a lot about how we want our own wedding to go, and how we want our guests and attendants to feel. We found there was a huge lack of communication b/t the bride/groom and the wedding party. Long story short we don't want our guests and attendants to be stressed about our wedding. Particularly because they are on vacation. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox about that.

On today's to-do list:

Hotel rooms, book Old Towne Trolley, start a rough draft of an itinerary, update cabin assignment list (4 more passengers!), commit to a color scheme.

Speaking of colors - what are everyone's wedding colors?? Before we had decided on a cruise/beach wedding we were going with red and turquoise. We are still keeping turquoise as a main color, but I kind of like the looks of each of my gal pals wearing a different color. Thoughts?

We chose turquoise. After wanting dark purple for so long I decided it just didn't fit my flowy beach theme. We are sticking with turquoise and burlap subtle things. I personally thought it looked best on the ocean but that's just me. I've seen a lot of colors that people have really pulled off though so I think it's honestly personal preference! :)

Thanks for that info Jaxie!

I have a question, that I believe has been discussed on other postings but I would like to ask here: Do you plan on booking as a group? Or do you plan on letting the guests book their own rooms? Why? (We plan on going with Carnival)

I have heard that the advantages of booking through group is that everyone can be near each other and its easier to get seating in the MDR together. However, my feelings on that are: I want my guests to be able to get a room wherever they want, and I also want them to have the freedom to eat when they want. For example, I prefer Your Time Dining; I'm sure some of my guests will prefer to have a static dining time. Also, I don't want my guests to feel that they MUST spend all of their time together. This is as much their vacation as it is our wedding and I want people to feel free to do whatever they like on board and in port and also to be able to eat when and where they want to eat. On the flip side, I have heard that unless you book a group you can not have a reception on board. Anyone know any truth to this? We will be paying for our wedding party to travel with us, so I do plan on at least booking those rooms through group travel, but I am leaning more towards letting guests book on their own.

We are using a travel agent to book everything. It honestly has taken the stress off of me. The guest can put down a $25 deposit to hold their room and then they have months to pay it off. We did not have to pay her anything because Carnival takes care of the travel agent. If you would like her number to get details you can email me at jewellfrasier@yahoo.com. I am getting married May 24, 2015 and so far the process has been fairly easy.

Hi 2015 brides,

Has anyone used a wedding planner/travel agent service to plan their wedding cruise? Wondering if it is worth it to have a 3rd party on your side to stay on top the cruise lines.

Thanks!!

I am using a travel agent and she has been wonderful. She has done the cruise wedding groups several times. She has taken the stress off of me. If you want her information feel free to email me at jewellfrasier@yahoo.com

Update:

Well, I have finally heard back from Carnival after many complaints of mine going through the hoops of everything. They gave me a manager who will work with our group. Adam told us that doing a group would be a waste because we are not all getting the same room type. So we are just calling him directly for everything. It seems hopefully my issues will be addressed. *fingers crossed*

As far as planning goes.... Things are coming together! I feel like this time of year is hard on everyone getting back into the swing of things and its already 50 degrees in MN... :( Getting excited though as things are coming together!

How is everyone else standing with the planning stuff?

DustinandStacy2015 - I too am a Liberty bride, now Valor, Nov 2015. We were, still am, disappointed to say the least. Our letter will be emailed to Carnival tomorrow....we are sleeping on it before sending. We understand Corporate decisions, we are seasoned Carnival cruisers, and know the chance we took in planning and choosing the Liberty. The letter is something I need to do. We had/have 14 cabins booked with an additional 10 yet to book.

Since receiving notice of the switch, and even though Port Canaveral is our port of choice, we researched different ports, ships, days, and itineraries to no avail and various reasons. We made the decision yesterday to stay with the Valor.

In my opinion and research, I do not see the Liberty and Valor as a comparable switch. I believe the Liberty was pulled in hopes of increasing the bookings on the Sunshine which seem to be suffering and replaced by a non upgraded Valor. We sailed the Sunshine and it was not even a second choice.....so much we didn't care for.

We have not sailed the Valor but just booked for Nov 9th and will fly to Puerto Rico in order to check out the ship.....expensive but making the effort to get excited.

I'm staying positive, I know it will work out and what's important is getting married and sharing our day with friends and family :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Update:

Well, I have finally heard back from Carnival after many complaints of mine going through the hoops of everything. They gave me a manager who will work with our group. Adam told us that doing a group would be a waste because we are not all getting the same room type. So we are just calling him directly for everything. It seems hopefully my issues will be addressed. *fingers crossed*

As far as planning goes.... Things are coming together! I feel like this time of year is hard on everyone getting back into the swing of things and its already 50 degrees in MN... :( Getting excited though as things are coming together!

How is everyone else standing with the planning stuff?

Hi, we decided to do a group booking due to the credit we and our guests will receive just for booking a group. Not much but right now it's at $119 per room for tour conductor credit, and you get amenity points you can use in various ways....including cash for this sailing it's 3 amenity points - each point =$25 per room) total credit so far is $194 per room. We currently have 11 rooms booked. 8 balcony, 2 suites, 1interior. Total guests at wedding will be around 75. Wanted to ask, how are you all dealing with getting the info Carnival needs for final guest list? Through RSVP?

I sent mine out and I have them back from my parents and my fiance's dad. They have until October 14th to return them. I know my brother is working on his because he messaged me today about my two year old nephew not having a picture ID. I explained to him he will be fine as long as he is with his daddy and a Birth Certificate.

I borrowed phraseology from another bride for my RSVPs and everyone has enjoyed them. I also sent itinerary, hotel, shuttle, parking, and that sort of information with the RSVPs because some of our parents are not computer literate.

For added Security RSVP.docx

DustinandStacy2015 - I too am a Liberty bride, now Valor, Nov 2015. We were, still am, disappointed to say the least. Our letter will be emailed to Carnival tomorrow....we are sleeping on it before sending. We understand Corporate decisions, we are seasoned Carnival cruisers, and know the chance we took in planning and choosing the Liberty. The letter is something I need to do. We had/have 14 cabins booked with an additional 10 yet to book.

Since receiving notice of the switch, and even though Port Canaveral is our port of choice, we researched different ports, ships, days, and itineraries to no avail and various reasons. We made the decision yesterday to stay with the Valor.

In my opinion and research, I do not see the Liberty and Valor as a comparable switch. I believe the Liberty was pulled in hopes of increasing the bookings on the Sunshine which seem to be suffering and replaced by a non upgraded Valor. We sailed the Sunshine and it was not even a second choice.....so much we didn't care for.

We have not sailed the Valor but just booked for Nov 9th and will fly to Puerto Rico in order to check out the ship.....expensive but making the effort to get excited.

I'm staying positive, I know it will work out and what's important is getting married and sharing our day with friends and family :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I agree it is not a comparable switch. With that being said, I took a big step back and realized that it really is how you make it. Will I miss the 2.0 upgrades? Absolutely..... but hopefully I convince enough people (cruise virgins) that cruising is a blast and we can try the Liberty a different time. What is it about the Sunshine you don't like? We were looking into that ship....the only negative things we saw was that it was overcrowded.

Wedding stuff!!! eeeek!

Bridesmaids dresses are ordered minus 2 people...(my sisters because they are obvious slackers! ;) ) and I have picked out my earrings. I know that is a small thing in the grand scheme of things but it was an advancement to me! :) So far we have 9 rooms booked with about 3-4 more to go I believe.

We have 19 booked as of today. I think we will reach a total of 32. Fwew! haha.

So I have a loaded question..... We have the reception booked on the ship. (2 hour BIGGER package) So that is done.....

We have been researching numerous wedding ceremony options...we have talked to two different companies both with varying prices. The prices range from 2500 to 4500. Sitting down we have been talking and we just don't know if that amount of money is worth an hour long process....what are your thoughts on this? I know it's a once in a lifetime *fingers crossed* event, but is it really worth all that money? What have you done to save money???

Hello All!

Thanks for the reply about how you are booking wed2015. We decided to do a group booking, mainly because we are paying for our wedding party (so I can keep track of all of that) and because I'm an overly obsessive planner and want to know every detail of what is going on (so I can make spreadsheets to keep myself sane, and keep our website updated for our guests), and for the perks we will get from having a group. I mentioned the incentives when I first booked, but have not been able to get out of my PVP (as wonderful as she is) any information about where we stand right now. We have 7 4F and 9 8C cabins booked so far, so one would think that would lead to some sort of kick-backs, no?

I have 18 days until my planned girls weekend-wedding dress shopping trip. I'm getting excited about that! I have several dresses picked out, but I am convinced they will not look good on me so it should be an adventure.

My dilemma this week is pinning down the timeline for the day of the wedding. Our wedding will be at 9:30am (all of those details are taken are of). We are using Old Towne Trolleys for our transportation; we get a 1/2 hour tour after the wedding and then plan to be dropped off at Margaritaville, where we will mozy our way back down Duval St to the ship. I have hired the photographer for an hour at the wedding and then for an additional hour to bop around town with us. However I am thinking that the extra hour might not be needed. I do want pictures throughout the day (aka our Duval Crawl) but I am thinking that my friends and family might do a sufficient job with that, and therefore the extra hour of photography is unnecessary?

Hello All!

Thanks for the reply about how you are booking wed2015. We decided to do a group booking, mainly because we are paying for our wedding party (so I can keep track of all of that) and because I'm an overly obsessive planner and want to know every detail of what is going on (so I can make spreadsheets to keep myself sane, and keep our website updated for our guests), and for the perks we will get from having a group. I mentioned the incentives when I first booked, but have not been able to get out of my PVP (as wonderful as she is) any information about where we stand right now. We have 7 4F and 9 8C cabins booked so far, so one would think that would lead to some sort of kick-backs, no?

I have 18 days until my planned girls weekend-wedding dress shopping trip. I'm getting excited about that! I have several dresses picked out, but I am convinced they will not look good on me so it should be an adventure.

My dilemma this week is pinning down the timeline for the day of the wedding. Our wedding will be at 9:30am (all of those details are taken are of). We are using Old Towne Trolleys for our transportation; we get a 1/2 hour tour after the wedding and then plan to be dropped off at Margaritaville, where we will mozy our way back down Duval St to the ship. I have hired the photographer for an hour at the wedding and then for an additional hour to bop around town with us. However I am thinking that the extra hour might not be needed. I do want pictures throughout the day (aka our Duval Crawl) but I am thinking that my friends and family might do a sufficient job with that, and therefore the extra hour of photography is unnecessary?

The photography kills me.... That's where they know how to get you! It's super frustrating though because you know you want all the pictures in the world as it really is the only memories you'll have. We have decided on sticking with the Carnival photography for our reception and see if they can come in the room before the ceremony (outside vendor) and then we will use our ceremony vendor for the ceremony and then the back home reception we have hired someone else! It's just a super big pain but I know I will want every moment of it. I was also thinking about a slow motion photo booth, has anyone ever done one?!

This weekend we got DF's tux purchased and sent to the tailor for a few stitches here and there. My dress is with the seamstress for alterations. As she is a friend and doing this as a favor I know it will take a while so not expecting my dress back until mid November. I pulled out suitcases to see what we have and what we may need to purchase this weekend as well. We also bought our tickets for the Kennedy Space Center and a tour there for our couple only time after the wedding cruise. This leaves us with shuttle reservations from the airport to the hotel, getting our marriage license and submitting final paperwork. Of course the actual packing itself isn't done either. My only project left is making my brooch bouquet.

Four months and Three Days to go!

How's everyone else's planning going?

Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I did some "preliminary, solo dress shopping" last week (on a whim) and had great luck. I have the bridesmaids dresses picked out (well 4 dresses and they can choose which one they want) and nailed down the exact color...and the girls love them, so that's a huge relief. I also tried dresses on and have 2 finalists picked out. I am completely torn between them because one is the dress that I walked into the shop wanting, and the other is just a beautiful with a great fit... So hopefully when the entire crew comes with me they can help hash it out. My girls and I are also taking a trip to the city in 2 weeks to go dress shopping....so I may find a few more to add to the short list then. I'm also ecstatic that I've hit my 10# weight loss goal for dress shopping (that's why I treated myself to trying on dresses last week)! I'm having such great success with the program I'm following that I am thinking I might be able to drop another 5 before the dress shopping extravaganza at the end of the month. 😃 we shall see

I am still up in the air about the photographer thing...such a decision because I want all of the photos I can possible get of the day (as one of you mentioned) but something tells me that we will have plenty, quality photos without the extra time (and cost). On a positive not, transportation for the wedding is booked.

As always, happy planning.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I did some "preliminary, solo dress shopping" last week (on a whim) and had great luck. I have the bridesmaids dresses picked out (well 4 dresses and they can choose which one they want) and nailed down the exact color...and the girls love them, so that's a huge relief. I also tried dresses on and have 2 finalists picked out. I am completely torn between them because one is the dress that I walked into the shop wanting, and the other is just a beautiful with a great fit... So hopefully when the entire crew comes with me they can help hash it out. My girls and I are also taking a trip to the city in 2 weeks to go dress shopping....so I may find a few more to add to the short list then. I'm also ecstatic that I've hit my 10# weight loss goal for dress shopping (that's why I treated myself to trying on dresses last week)! I'm having such great success with the program I'm following that I am thinking I might be able to drop another 5 before the dress shopping extravaganza at the end of the month. 😃 we shall see

I am still up in the air about the photographer thing...such a decision because I want all of the photos I can possible get of the day (as one of you mentioned) but something tells me that we will have plenty, quality photos without the extra time (and cost). On a positive not, transportation for the wedding is booked.

As always, happy planning.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What is this diet you speak of? I'm working hard gave up pop for almost 4 weeks now but its not wworkig ahhhhh haha

What is this diet you speak of? I'm working hard gave up pop for almost 4 weeks now but its not wworkig ahhhhh haha

Ahhhhh, soda. I did have a soda (for the first time in weeks) on Wednesday night, and it was.....yuck! :p

I don't think of it as a diet...more of a lifestyle change. I honestly eat more food in a day than nearly anyone I know, but it's all healthy, clean foods. The program is called 21 Day Fix, and it's all about clean, portion-controlled eating. It's such a super simple, very straight forward program, and the best thing is it def works!! If you would like more info I can e-mail you.

Edited by laycj18